Cannot publish any output from XML Documentation Add-on because the FMPS interface is not accessible. The issue occurs because any of the following reasons:
- FMPS is not configured properly on the Internet Information Services (IIS).
- The IT environment is highly secured.
The following sections cover the three parts of the solution. Follow the instructions in the same order and check if your issue is resolved.
If IIS is not running, you can add the server role Web Server (IIS) in Server Manager and ensure that the following options are selected:
- Web Server (IIS) > Web Server > Common HTTP Features > Static Content
- Web Server (IIS) > Web Server > Security > Request Filtering
- Web Server (IIS) > Web Server > Application Development > ASP, ASP.NET 3.5, and ASP.NET 4.6
For information about installing IIS on Windows server, see the following URL.
Ensure that you back up the original applicationHost.config file from the following location and then proceed further.
If you can’t access the FMPS interface after performing the steps mentioned in the Part 1, perform the following steps:
If you can’t generate output after performing the steps mentioned in the Part 2, perform the following steps: