RoboHelp Server Web Administrator lets you export and import the server setup for a given context to another instance of RoboHelp Server 10 installation on a different machine.
This is required:
- When you have created a staging setup on a machine and once it is certified, you want to move the setup to a production machine.
- When you want to create a duplicate RoboHelp Server setup which can be used as a backup in case the primary setup fails.
The setup is exported as a setup zip file. It consists of:
- Areas created in the context
- Project merging option for each area
- Context-wide settings like search schedule settings, database cleanup settings, and moderation settings
- Authentication mechanism (database/LDAP)
- Information about users, groups, and permissions
- Published projects
- Usage data captured
- AIR comments or topic ratings
To export the server setup for a given context, follow the steps given below:
Click OK once the export is complete.
The setup zip file is exported at the location <RHS-Install-Path>\web-INF\SetupExport\ as a <context-name>.zip file. The setup zip file contains the following folders:
- database - This folder contains the .CSV files which contain the data exported from the database.
- WEB-INF - This folder contains all the settings files for the exported setup.
- projects - This folder contains all the projects published to this context.
Once you have successfully exported settings for a context, you can import these settings on a different machine. You can copy the setup zip file on the system having the RoboHelp Server installation, and import the server setup by selecting Import Settings in RoboHelp Server Configuration Manager.
The setup zip file must not be renamed during copy.