RoboHelp Server 9 Read Me
Welcome to Adobe® RoboHelp® Server 9 Read Me. This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe RoboHelp documentation.
- Minimum system requirements
- Supported operating systems
- Prerequisites for installing RoboHelp Server 9
- Other supported applications
- Installation and uninstallation of your software
- Purchase from a trial
- Electronic licensing
- Registration information
- Known issues
- Useful tips
- Customer Care
- Online resources
Minimum system requirements
- Intel Pentium 4+ or compatible processor
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB is recommended)
- 300 MB of hard-disk space; additional free hard-disk space may be needed during installation
- CD-ROM drive
(Note: RoboHelp Server installation is not supported on flash storage devices.)
For updates to system requirements, visit Adobe RoboHelp Server Learn & Support.
Supported operating systems
RoboHelp Server (32-bit and 64-bit) is supported on the following versions of Microsoft Windows® operating system:
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 2008 R2
- Windows 2008 SP2 Server
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows 7
Prerequisites for installing RoboHelp Server 9
- Java™ Development Kit (JDK) 6 or later
- Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 or later
- Note: RoboHelp Server requires Apache Tomcat to run. Tomcat is a servlet container that can also work as a Web server.
Other supported applications
Installation and uninstallation of your software
Please refer to Adobe Support. If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling the software, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.
Purchase from a trial
Enter the serial number you received when purchasing the software in the serialization screen when launching the application.
Only applications running as a trial will recognize the new serial number.
Volume licensing customers cannot purchase from a trial directly, however a volume licensing serial number can be entered in the trial product. Please contact your reseller or authorized Adobe licensing center to place an order for a volume license. To find a reseller in your area, go to http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/reseller.jsp.
This product is offered subject to your acceptance of the license agreement included with the media and to limited warranty terms. See the Adobe Software License Agreement for details.
When you install your software, be sure to register to get up-to-date product information, training, newsletters, and invitations to Adobe events and seminars.
Please refer to Adobe Support for late-breaking information and known issues.
- The security setting for Internet browser must be medium for Web-Admin Access or the RoboHelp Server 8 site must be a trusted site.
- Microsoft Access is not a desired database on production server.
Microsoft Access, accessed through the JDBC-ODBC bridge driver, is not thread-safe. This means that multiple different concurrent connections to Access will not necessarily work in a correct manner. In consequence, we can't have multiple connection objects open at the same time and, therefore access doesn't work well under heavy load.
- IIS on Vista configured with Tomcat is not recommended as Tomcat ISAPI redirector does not have good support for IIS7
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
Support Plan Options and Technical Resources
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobeâs support knowledgebase, Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
For complete Help, features, training material and support, go to Adobe RoboHelp Learn & Support.
- Adobe RoboHelp
- Adobe Technical Communication Suite
- Adobe website
- Adobe TV
- Adobe Design Center
- Developer Center
- User Forums
- Adobe Certification Program
- Adobe Partner Programs
- Find an Adobe Authorized Training Center
- Find an Adobe Authorized Print Service Provider