Welcome to Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 SpeedGrade. This page contains late-breaking product information and updates not covered in the SpeedGrade documentation.
For the latest system requirements visit http://www.adobe.com/go/production_systemreqs
For detailed instructions on installation, visit the installation page http://www.adobe.com/go/cs_install_instruct_en
Creative Suite 6 trials are "try and buy", allowing you to evaluate individual products or editions and then convert the installed trial to a full version. You can convert from a trial to a full version at any time by either purchasing a copy of the product or signing up for a subscription. If you purchase a copy, enter its serial number in the product screen where prompted. If you purchase a subscription, you are required to be online and to log-in with an Adobe ID to start using your full version.
Adobe Encore CS6 is not available as a trial. It will be installed as part of the trial installation for Creative Suite 6 Premiere Pro, Production Premium and Master Collection but will not be available for use until you purchase.
You must accept the license agreement and warranty terms to use this product. Visit www.adobe.com/go/eulas for details. This product will not function without mandatory activation and registration via the Internet. Phone activation is not available. See www.adobe.com/go/activation for details.
Adobe’s single user license allows installation of a single product license on two machines (such as one work machine and one home machine) provided the software is used by the same individual and not concurrently on both machines.
If you want to install the product on a third computer, you must first deactivate the software on one computer. To deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate.
The following bugs in SpeedGrade 6.0 have been fixed in the 6.0.1 patch:
- SpeedGrade's render results sometimes showed flickering colors
- Compatibility fix: The NTSC presets are now using the more common 720 x 480 vs. the previous 720 x 486 resolution
- The application sometimes froze when attempting to copy a path to the clipboard (Windows only)
- Clicking on "More Options" in the Quicktime format dialog caused SpeedGrade to freeze (Mac only)
- Clicking on Render on an Italian version of SpeedGrade caused the application to crash
- The color picker coordinates were not correct when using dynamic quality or anamorphic presets
- Enabling and disabling layers in the layer stack caused layers to improperly render in rare cases
- Undo did not work correctly with some Pan and Scan operations
- Save Timeline As UI disappears in hidden GUI mode (SHIFT + H)
- When rendering with an additional output LUT, SpeedGrade could crash in some scenarios
- When resetting a LUT layer, SpeedGrade sometimes crashed
- Mac only: Browsing via Breadcrumb control did not work properly
- Under some circumstances, the annotations text box was visible outside the annotations tab
- On empty timelines some operations were enabled that should have been grayed out
- You could not undo adding an empty timeline
- The tabs of the desktops were resized improperly when the application windows was resized (Mac Only)
- Sometimes the thumbnail images on the Reel browser were not updated when relinking media
- Under certain circumstances, the render preview thumbnails were not updated properly
- Dual DVI output did not work on certain MacBook computers with Intel graphics
- The Look panel sometimes got covered by whitespace when the context panel was resized
- When browsing directories with a very large number of files, sometimes the % complete indicator showed incorrect values
- The color picker buttons in the Secondary shader were obscured by other UI elements on smaller computers
- The metadata dropdown in the file name control did not show the proper hover state in some instances
- The metadata window's visible state was not persistent between application restarts
- Audio imported via .wav files coming from Audition sounded distorted
- In rare instances SpeedGrade crashed while exiting (Mac only)
- Some ProRes codecs failed to render properly (Mac only)
- Some view settings were overlapping on certain display sizes
- The currently selected browser tab was not persistent between Sg sessions.
- Help did not launch correctly for languages that we don't have a translation for
- On some localized version the modified date was still shown in international format
- Saving a mask by dragging and dropping a mask clip to the mask store did not work as expected
- Cosmetic: aspect ratio dropdown showed empty default instead of 1:1
- Keyframing controls were disabled after a look was freshly applied to the timeline
- Timecode with incorrect Endian is now detected and fixed
- Deleting a freehand drawing note sometimes resulted in a crash
- Double clicking an IRCP file did not launch SpeedGrade (Mac only)
- On non-English builds, some Desktop filter presets appeared twice
- ALEXA ISO settings were not rendered properly when overridden in the format options
- The Graphics Driver Stereo Mode was not properly working
- SpeedGrade crashed when the stereo panel was activated on a solid color clip
- Quicktime files with paths that contained non Western characters sometimes failed to load
- Under certain circumstances the Consolidate Reels function was unabled to copy Quicktime files
- Grading setups containing the HDRLayer shader failed to render
- Executing Undo sometimes enabled the timeline thumbnails
- The image sometimes disappeared when you changed a track to the Left or Right eye
- Redoing color space changes sometimes resulted in a crash
- Adding a Pan and Scan track sometimes resulted in a crash
- Exporting a 5K JPEG from RED EPIC through the LUT Export dialog resulted in crash
- Leaving SpeedGrade idle for several hours could result in a freeze
- Rendering to certain AVI codecs resulted in a crash
- Tangent CP-200 panels did not work on non-English versions of SpeedGrade
- The Reel browser did not show a vertical scrollbar in some cases
- After selecting an annotation the UI buttons did no longer react properly
- Annotations sometimes rendered at an incorrect size
- The icon indicating a grading setup did not show up when a look was applied to an ungraded clip
- Forcing a track to be Left or Right eye only caused the waveform display to crash SpeedGrade
- In a very specific track and clip configuration involving solid color clips, deleting a clip could cause SpeedGrade to crash
- Some metadata values for the ARRI ALEXA were shown twice in the dropdown list
- Playing an empty timeline with just a solid color clip caused SpeedGrade to exit
- In some rare circumstances, the Pan and Scan widget disappeared
- The General.ProductBuild metadata field did not contains the correct build number
- In some rare instances, the triangles on the grading rings showed colored pixels
- The delete key sometimes deleted grading layers when you were not in the Look tab
- In a very specific scenario, clicking on a grading layer caused SpeedGrade to crash
- After repeatedly enabling and disabling the dual DVI mode, secondary monitor becomes either black or white. Restarting the application fixes the issue.
Please refer to Adobe Support http://www.adobe.com/go/customer_support for late-breaking information and known issues for all Creative Suite 6 applications.
- Tablet/color wheel interference: When using a tablet, a mouse on the tablet will interfere with the color wheel controls in SpeedGrade.
- Multi-byte language display: multi-byte characters as used may not display at all or incorrectly. This can also lead to issues on rendering output from SpeedGrade.
- Flickering issues when using Pan & Scan: in display modes “transparent” and “outline you might encounter flickering in the monitor. Choose display mode “preview” to avoid flickering.
- Monitor shows cropped and zoomed image after disabling and re-enabling Dual Display Mode: when turning Dual Display on and off repeatedly repeatedly the monitor might show a cropped and heavily zoomed picture only. Restart the application to reset the monitor.
- Applying a .Look is not possible after setting a keyframe: adding keyframes to a clip temporarily disables the .Look Browser, a .Look can’t get applied. Moving the playhead to another clip, then returning to the clip with the keyframes will re-enable the .Look Browser.
- Undo / Redo might cause stability issues: when using undo / redo numerous times SpeedGrade might become instable and close the application. This issue will occur more frequently on large timeline setups beyond 15 minutes.
- QuickTime More Options window is hidden behind application window: after clicking the more options button in SpeedGrade on any Quicktime codec settings page, the window to set more options is hidden behind the application’s window. Use the taskbar (Windows) or dock (OS X) to bring the more options window in front, then make changes and close the more options window.
For general Adobe Forums visit http://www.adobe.com/go/forums
To find help on topics related to downloading, installing, and getting started with your software visit http://www.adobe.com/go/download_forums_en
For product help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support visit http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_speedgrade_support_en
For Adobe Customer Care visit http://www.adobe.com/go/customer_support which provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other issues.
Outside of North America visit http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/, click on the drop down menu under the question “Need a different country or region?”, choose a different country or region, then click GO.
© 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Story, Acrobat, After Effects, Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, Encore, Fireworks, Flash, Flash Builder, Illustrator, InDesign, Speedgrade, Prelude, Photoshop, and Audition are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and Athlon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Intel and Pentium 4 are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. Java is a trademark or registered trademark of Sun Microsystems Inc. in the United States and other countries.