Welcome to AdobeÂ® RoboHelpÂ® Server 8 Read Me. This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe RoboHelp documentation.
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor
- MicrosoftÂ® Windows Vistaâ„¢ SP1, WindowsÂ® XP SP3, Windows ServerÂ® 2003 SP1, and Windows 2008 Server
- 512 MB of RAM
- 256 MB of available hard-disk space for installation;
- CD-ROM drive
MS Access 2007, 2003
SQL Server 2005 and 2008
SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g
IIS 6.0,7.0 and Tomcat 6.0.14
Apache 2.2 and Tomcat 6.0.14
Win: IE 6,7, Firefox 3.0
MAC: Firefox 3.0, Safari 3.0
Linux/Unix: Firefox 3.0
JRE 1.5 or higher
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 or higher
- Tomcat 6.0.14 or higher
RoboHelp Server 8 needs a Java Servlet container (Tomcat) and a Webserver to run. Tomcat is a Servlet container and can work as a Webserver too - you can use RoboHelp Server with Tomcat alone. However, RoboHelp Server 8 supports the following two combinations of Web servers:
- Apache 2.2 or higher and Tomcat
- Microsoft IIS 6.0 or 7.0 and Tomcat
For Windows operating system, the supported browsers are:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, and 7.0
- Firefox 3.0
For Macintosh operating system, the supported browsers are:
- Firefox 3.0
- Safari 3.0
For Linux or UNIX operating systems, the supported browser is
- Firefox 3.0
Do one of the following:
- Insert the CD in your drive, and follow the on-screen instructions. If the installer does not launch automatically, navigate to the root level on your disk and double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
- If you downloaded the software from the web, open the folder, navigate to the root folder, double-click Setup.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are installing as an upgrade, the installer will check your system to find the valid upgrade product. If it cannot find it, it will ask you to input the serial number of the product being upgraded. You can also install the software in trial, then input your new and previous serial numbers in the serialization screen shown during launch.
Note: In order to install additional components or reinstall your software after your original installation, you will need access to the original installer (CD, DVD or the download from the web). Repair is not an available option.
Do one of the following:
- In Windows XP, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Change/Remove, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In Windows Vista, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Uninstall/Change, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Enter the serial number you received when purchasing the software in the serialization screen when launching the application.
Only applications running as a trial will recognize the new serial number.
Volume licensing customers cannot purchase from a trial directly, however a volume licensing serial number can be entered in the trial product. Please contact your reseller or authorized Adobe licensing center to place an order for a volume license. To find a reseller in your area, go to http://www.adobe.com/partners.html.
This product is offered subject to your acceptance of the license agreement included with the media and to limited warranty terms. See the Adobe Software License Agreement for details.
When you install your software, be sure to register to get up-to-date product information, training, newsletters, and invitations to Adobe events and seminars.
Please refer to Adobe Support for late-breaking information and known issues.
- IIS connector for tomcat fails too frequently and can affect RoboHelp Server 8 response
IIS ISAPI filter for Tomcat which redirects requests from IIS to Tomcat. At times ISAPI filter fails to connect to Tomcat and certain resources are not displayed. This problem is rectified if user refreshes the pages. (#BG-1918481)
- OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" exception thrown in log and WebAdmin /projects not refreshed if memory set to default and some big projects are published to Server
Default memory allocation for JVM is 64 MB. To support ICU and POI, initial memory pool size must be increased to 256MB. (#BG-1917507)
- Currently Tomcat ISAPI redirector does not have good support for IIS7. This redirector may fail frequently while working with IIS7 installed on Vista.
- The Security setting for Internet browser must be medium for Web-Admin Access or the RoboHelp Server8 site must be a trusted site.
- Microsoft Access is not a desired database on production server.
Microsoft Access, accessed through the JDBC-ODBC bridge driver, is not thread safe. This means that multiple different concurrent connections to Access will not necessarily work in a correct manner. In consequence, we can't have multiple Connection objects open at the same time and, therefore access doesn't work well under heavy load.
- IIS on Vista configured with Tomcat is not recommended as Tomcat ISAPI redirector does not have good support for IIS7
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobeâs support knowledgebase, Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling the software, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.