Expand group instances | Substance 3D Designer
Expand group instances
In: Substance model graphs > Scene management
The Expand group instances node turns element instances in a group into independent, standard elements in that same group. These elements may then be renamed, filtered and uniquely processed.
. This is the number of instances of an element.
- Input Scene
The input scene holding the element instances which should be expanded into independent elements.
- Expand level Integer (selects an Enum index)
The expand strategy which should be applied:
- Expand all instance groups: expand all groups of instances in the scene;
- Expand first group: expand the highest parents groups of instances in the scene;
- Expand last group: Expand the lowest children groups of instances in the scene;
- Expand specific group: Expand the groups of instances in the scene which match the Path expression parameter value.
- Path expression String
A path expression matching the groups which should be expanded. Go to the Path expressions and filtering page to learn more.
Note: This parameter is only available when the Expand level parameter is set to Expand specific group.