Dreamweaver allows you to insert and preview HTML5 audio in web pages. The HTML5 audio element provides a standard way to embed audio content into web pages.
Insert HTML5 audio
In the Properties panel, enter the following information:
- Source / Alt Source 1 / Alt Source 2: In Source, enter the location of the audio file. Alternatively, click the folder icon to select an audio file from your computer. Support for audio formats varies on different browsers. If the audio format in Source is not supported, the format specified in Alt Source 1 or Alt Source 2 is used. The browser selects the first recognized format to display the audio.
To quickly add videos to the three fields, use multiple selection. When you choose three video formats for the same video from a folder, the first format in the list is used for the Source. The following formats in the list are used to auto-fill Alt Source 1 and Alt Source 2.
Browser MP3 Wav Ogg Internet Explorer 9 YES NO NO Firefox 4.0 NO YES YES Google Chrome 6 YES YES YES Apple Safari 5 YES YES NO Opera 10.6 NO YES YES
Properties panel for the HTML5 audio
- Title: Enter a title for the audio file.
- Fallback text: Enter the text to be displayed in browsers that do not support HTML5.
- Controls: Select if you want to display audio controls such as Play, Pause, and Mute in the HTML page.
- Autoplay: Select if you want the audio to start playing as soon as it loads on the web page.
- Loop Audio: Select this option if you want the audio to continuously play until the user stops playing it.
- Mute: Select this option if you want to mute the audio after download.
- Preload: Selecting Auto loads the entire audio file on page download. Selecting Metadata downloads only the metadata after the page download is complete.