Design specs empower you to share design properties of your files with the developers. By sharing the design specs, you provide key information like object height, width, size, alignment, relative spacing between two icons (objects), colors, and typography.
When you share the design specs as public links, you can also restrict access through password protection. To password-protect an already shared design spec, see Password protect existing prototype links.
When you share design specs as secure private links, you can invite internal and external reviewers and set permissions to reshare them further. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other set of reviewers who want to access or view the secure private link.
From View Setting, select Development, and choose the output of your form factor (Web, iOS, or Android).
XD sets the default units of measurement based on the option chosen in the share dialog box.
- iOS: Default unit is pt, assets are available in 1x, 2x, and 3x.
- Web: Default unit is px, assets are available in 1x and 2x.
- Android: Default unit is dp.
These default units are not editable.
Add your reviewers in the Invite option and set permissions to reshare.
- Can view lets reviewers view and add comments for the design specs shared.
- Can share, the default permission lets reviewers reshare the design specs. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other reviewers who want to access or view the published private link.
If you have any issues with sharing or viewing shared design specs, see Workarounds for common design spec errors.