Adobe Dimension CC is a new tool that you can use to create photorealistic images for branding concepts, product shots, and scene visualizations with 3D and 2D content. Easily design, composite, and then render all in one powerful tool.
Dimension is made for graphic designers, product designers, marketers, visual designers, and graphic artists who want to work in multi-dimensional media.
- Updated keyboard shortcuts: Several German and French keyboard shortcuts have been updated to more closely match other Adobe application standards.
- Resolved an issue with Xeon, i5, and i7 processors from 2011 or earlier, which couldn't launch Dimension CC due to a missing instruction set.
- Resolved an issue where saved files were becoming corrupted and could not be re-opened.
- Resolved an issue where imported .obj files were taking a long time to load when their UVs were out of bounds.
- Resolved an issue where a process was left open when closing Dimension CC if the computer does not meet minimum system requirements.
(Windows-only) The menus are sometimes missing in Dimension. As a workaround, do the following:
- Relaunch the Dimension app.
- On the Start screen, click any link (such as Learn).
- Wait on the Start screen until the application menus appear, then proceed to the main application window by using Create New Project.
Move, scale, and rotate your objects in any direction to stage your scene exactly as you would like, and then use the orbit, hand, and zoom tools to move around the scene and view it from any angle.
Save your favorite angles with view bookmarks to quickly jump between working views and use familiar shortcuts to zoom to selected objects or to view the full scene.
Get started with materials using a preset and completely customize all the attributes, such as color, roughness, metallicity, and translucence, to create a range of diverse and unique surface appearances.
Add your own images to a material property to control the property with a texture, adding details and variation. Rotate, offset, and tile the position of materials to get the precise placement of a material on any object.
Apply your own images, logos, and designs as decals, by layering them over the materials of an object. Control the placement, rotation, and scale of the image directly on the surface of the model.
Give decals unique appearances with surface properties to make them metallic, glossy, or matte.
Add a background and automatically match your scene to the image's perspective and lighting. Re-create environments from images to quickly get started with compositing.
Powered by Adobe Sensei.
Easily add realistic lighting, shadows, and reflections with environment lights; panoramic spherical images that wrap around the scene to provide 360 HDR lighting. Choose from dozens of built-in studio lighting presets and find more on Adobe Stock 3D. Rotate and colorize to get the right look and add sunlight for strong, directional shadows, and lighting.
Select any point in the scene to have foreground and background elements blurred, adding depth and focus to a scene.
Use the Sampler tool to quickly sample and apply materials. Customize once and reuse the material through the scene.
Easily select small sections of complex models with the familiar Magic Wand tool. Easily select repeating elements with the Select Similar option. Apply materials to Magic Wand selections even when complex models are built in one piece.
Work quickly using the Scene panel. Automatically expand groups and complex models to highlight and show selected parts to navigate quickly. Easily rearrange, rename, hide, lock, and group objects.
V-Ray is an award-winning rendering engine that has been the standard in film and animation industries for years. Adobe has partnered with Chaos Group to bring the V-Ray rendering engine in Dimension.
Easily render photorealistic quality without being an expert using presets. Choose between PNG and multi-layered PSD output formats. Work with Photoshop for powerful compositing and post-processing of your images using 16-bit and 32-bit output formats with multiple layers.
Use selection layers with the magic wand to isolate material or objects in the 2D render, depth layers to add post-processing blur and other effects, and separated 3D content and background image layers allow for further compositing.
Get up and running quickly with built-in presets designed to help with common workflows. The preset packs include bottles and packages for identity design, signage and installations for location visualization, and abstract shapes for conceptual work.
Explore an entire section of Adobe Stock with three new types of high-quality content - both free and premium.
- Get models of anything from furniture to foliage, packaging to pens, and much more. Use them as-is or customize them in Dimension with new materials and textures.
- Find a variety of materials, such as metals, wood, plastics, fabrics, and glasses, to quickly get a look you want and customize it further in Dimension.
- Jump-start your design with easy-to-use environment lights that provide HDR lighting, high-quality reflections, and shadows for your 3D scenes with one click.
Access your custom assets with Creative Cloud Libraries directly in the app to easily bring in your own graphics, models, materials, and lights.
Bring in your own graphics, models, materials, and lights. Supported files include .jpg, .png, .psd (graphics), .obj (models), .mdl (materials), and .hdri, .exr, and .ibl (lights).