With the new Auto-update feature, your Creative Cloud apps are now automatically upgraded whenever a new version is available. You can manage the update preferences using the Creative Cloud desktop app. Learn more.
Dimension now directly supports the import of .ai file format, allowing you to work quicker with the files you have. You can choose artboards from Photoshop .psd and Illustrator .ai files when importing in Dimension. You can also now copy and paste both raster and vector graphics directly from the clipboard into Dimension.
Select artboards from the image picker popup. See Accessing artboards for more information.
Dimension CC now supports adding multiple images with unique material properties and settings to models as different layers.
Apply a graphic by dragging it to the model. See Customize the appearance of models for more information.
You can now take advantage of saving camera bookmarks in render mode. Easily select the saved views you want to render and set up all of them at once.
Access render setup in render mode. See Rendering in Dimension CC for more information.
The Dimension canvas has been updated to have familiar 2D zooming, panning, and resizing controls. Using print controls lets you easily configure the size of your canvas based on physical units and print resolution settings.
Access canvas size print controls in design mode in the document settings. See Set Canvas Size for more information.
- Sampler tool color mode:
You can now use Sampler Tool to sample screen color and base color of materials and images before lighting and effects being applied
- Texture transformation:
In addition to material transformation, individual textures can now scale, rotate, and offset independently.
- Scene grid updates:
You can now control the grid visibility and color. The grid has had visual improvements to handle large-scale scenes.
You can now view camera movement history independent of other document edit history.
- Focus canvas visualization:
The focus (depth of field) effect now has an in-canvas preview. The canvas preview is interactive to get an idea of the effect. The final effect must still be visualized in the render preview.
- New Languages:
Dimension CC is now also available in Korean [한국어]. For related Help documentation on supported languages, see Language versions.
- Stock search in the Asset panel:
You can now search in the Asset panel with a term that shows some results and get a link to search Adobe Stock below the search results.
- New file formats:
- Import .fbx, .stl, and .skip 3D models
- Import .ai and .svg images
- User interface enhancements:
Single-clicking panel titles and labels no longer collapses or expands a section. Materials in the Scene panel have had their disclosure moved from right to left. The icons in the scene panel have been updated.
- Content panel: The content panel has a new icon and has been repositioned in the toolbar.
- Tool options: Tool options have been moved from the view control bar above the canvas to a pop-out window attached to the toolbar.
- Camera settings: The camera properties have been split out from the environment into a new camera object.
- Keyboard shortcuts: To support the new 2D canvas controls, the shortcuts for some tools have been updated.
- Orbit Tool: Performs 3D camera rotation. The default shortcut is 1.
- Pan Tool: Previously named the Hand Tool. Performs 3D camera panning. The default shortcut is 2. The alternate shortcut H has been removed.
- Dolly Tool: Performs 3D camera zooming. The default shortcut is 3. The alternate shortcut Z has been removed.
- Hand Tool: Performs 2D canvas panning. The default shortcut is H.
- Zoom Tool: Performs 2D canvas zooming. The default shortcut is Z.