I am a paying Creative Cloud member and I have Lightroom Classic installed. How do I update Lightroom Classic via Creative Cloud?
If you already have a trial or purchased version of Lightroom Classic installed, you don't have to uninstall it. Choose the option to install Lightroom Classic through either the Creative Cloud desktop app or through the Creative Cloud Download Center. It upgrades your trial or purchased installation to the fully licensed version that is part of your membership.
Why don't I see Lightroom Classic in the Creative Cloud desktop app?
If you're a paying Creative Cloud member, you may not see Lightroom Classic in Creative Cloud if your computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Check to make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements for the latest release of Lightroom Classic.
If you're using a trial version of Creative Cloud, the Lightroom Classic trial is not available through Creative Cloud. It is, however, available as a stand-alone trial. See Lightroom trial download not listed | Creative Cloud desktop app.
Lightroom requires a 64-bit-compatible operating system.
Why doesn't the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom Classic take the serial number from my previously purchased version of Lightroom?
You can’t use the serial number from previously purchased versions of Lightroom when you install the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom Classic. Creative Cloud products get licensed using your Adobe ID. Even though a Lightroom Creative Cloud installation includes a serial number, it's used only for registration, not installation.
Can I install Lightroom Classic to a custom location through Creative Cloud?
Can I change the installed language of Lightroom?
Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC/Lightroom 6 is available in the following languages: Deutsch; English; Español; Français; Italiano; Nederlands; Português (Brasil); Svenska; 日本語; 简体中文; 繁體中文, 한국어
To change the language, see Change the language setting.
Will I get future updates for Lightroom Classic as part of my Creative Cloud membership?
Can I still purchase Lightroom outside Creative Cloud?
Yes. Lightroom continues to be available as a stand-alone product, available for purchase with a traditional perpetual license.
While you may continue to purchase and use Lightroom 6 with a perpetual license, Adobe will no longer provide updates to the software. Consider upgrading to the Creative Cloud Photography plan to get the latest updates in Lightroom Classic CC and the all-new Lightroom CC, and ensure that the software works with raw files from the newest cameras.
Are any Lightroom features available exclusively to Creative Cloud members?
Beginning with the Lightroom CC 2015.1 update, the following features are available exclusively to Creative Cloud members:
- Local adjustments for Blacks/Whites
Beginning with the Lightroom CC 2015.4 update, the following features are available exclusively to Creative Cloud members:
- Boundary Warp
See the New Features Summary for more information about features added recently to Lightroom Classic.
How do I use Lightroom Classic with Creative Cloud?
- Can I store my Lightroom Classic catalog in the storage space I get with my Creative Cloud membership? No, you cannot store Lightroom Classic catalogs in the Creative Cloud, nor can you save a Lightroom Classic catalog on a networked drive. You must store Lightroom Classic catalogs on your computer or on a locally connected hard drive.
- Does my Lightroom Classic catalog expire if I discontinue my Creative Cloud membership? No, your catalog does not expire.
- Will I lose any photos if I discontinue my Creative Cloud membership? No. Lightroom Classic does not change the location of your photos. They remain in whatever location you chose when you downloaded them to your computer or imported them into Lightroom Classic.
- Is there an export Publish Service in Lightroom Classic to publish to Creative Cloud? Currently, there is no specific Publish Service for Creative Cloud or for Business Catalyst.
- Can I store my original Lightroom photos in Creative Cloud? No, you must store your original images locally, on your computer, an external drive, or a networked drive. Lightroom Classic creates and syncs Smart Previews between your desktop and mobile device. Smart Previews are representations of your original images that allow you to make non-destructive edits—edits that allow you to always revert to your original image.
- Does the editing I performed with the trial of Lightroom Classic transfer to the Creative Cloud version? Yes. Your catalog, which stores all your edits in Lightroom Classic, remains intact when you use the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom Classic.
- See the Adobe Lightroom CC for mobile FAQ for additional questions about Lightroom CC for mobile.