I am a paying Creative Cloud member and I have Lightroom installed. How do I update Lightroom via Creative Cloud?
If you already have a trial or purchased version of Lightroom installed, you don't have to uninstall it. Choose the option to install Lightroom through either the Creative Cloud desktop app or through the Creative Cloud Download Center. It upgrades your trial or purchased installation to the fully licensed version that is part of your membership.
If you're a paying Creative Cloud member, you may not see Lightroom in Creative Cloud if your computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Check to make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements for the latest release of Lightroom.
If you're using a trial version of Creative Cloud, the Lightroom trial is not available through Creative Cloud. It is, however, available as a stand-alone trial. See Lightroom trial download not listed | Creative Cloud desktop app.
Lightroom requires a 64-bit-compatible operating system.
Why doesn't the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom take the serial number from my previously purchased version of Lightroom?
You can’t use the serial number from previously purchased versions of Lightroom when you install the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom. Creative Cloud products get licensed using your Adobe ID. Even though a Lightroom Creative Cloud installation includes a serial number, it's used only for registration, not installation.
You can install Lightroom CC 2015 to a custom location.
Prior versions of Lightroom (5.0 and earlier) had to be installed to your local drive and could not be installed to custom location like other Creative Cloud apps.
Photoshop Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6 is available in the following languages: Deutsch; English; Español; Français; Italiano; Nederlands; Português (Brasil); Svenska; 日本語; 简体中文; 繁體中文, 한국어
To change the language, see Change the language setting.
Yes. As part of your Creative Cloud membership, you will continue to get future updates to Lightroom.
Yes. Lightroom continues to be available as a stand-alone product, available for purchase with a traditional perpetual license.
Lightroom for mobile is available exclusively to Creative Cloud members.
Beginning with the Lightroom CC 2015.1 update, the following features are available exclusively to Creative Cloud members:
- Local adjustments for Blacks/Whites
Beginning with the Lightroom CC 2015.4 update, the following features are available exclusively to Creative Cloud members:
- Boundary Warp
See the New Features Summary for more information about features added recently to Lightroom.
- Can I store my Lightroom catalog in the 20 GB of storage space I get with my Creative Cloud membership? No, you cannot store Lightroom catalogs in the Creative Cloud, nor can you save a Lightroom catalog on a networked drive. You must store Lightroom catalogs on your computer or on a locally connected hard drive.
- Does my Lightroom catalog expire if I discontinue my Creative Cloud membership? No, your catalog does not expire.
- Will I lose any photos if I discontinue my Creative Cloud membership? No. Lightroom does not change the location of your photos. They remain in whatever location you chose when you downloaded them to your computer or imported them into Lightroom.
- Is there an export Publish Service in Lightroom to publish to Creative Cloud? Currently, there is no specific Publish Service for Creative Cloud or for Business Catalyst.
- Can I store my original Lightroom images in Creative Cloud? No, you must store your original images locally, on your computer, an external drive, or a networked drive. Lightroom creates and syncs Smart Previews between your desktop and mobile device. Smart Previews are representations of your original images that allow you to make non-destructive edits—edits that allow you to always revert to your original image. The original files remain on your desktop and are not stored, synced, or used by Lightroom for mobile. As such, Lightroom for mobile should not be used as a backup service.
- Does the editing I performed with the trial of Lightroom transfer to the Creative Cloud version? Yes. Your catalog, which stores all your edits in Lightroom, remains intact when you use the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom.
- See the Adobe Lightroom for mobile FAQ for additional questions about Lightroom for mobile.