You can set raw defaults based on the ISO values of your raw images. To do this, you need to create an ISO adaptive preset and set it as default for your raw images.
You can specify different settings for different ISO values in your preset. If an image has a different ISO value than the one you have specified in your preset, the appropriate value of the setting is calculated based on the values defined by you in the preset. For example, if you create the following preset
- ISO 400 Luminance Noise Reduction 0
- ISO 1600 Luminance Noise Reduction 10
and import an image with ISO 800, the Luminance Noise Reduction will be set to 5.
To set up raw defaults based on ISO values, do the following:
This preset sets the Luminance Noise Reduction in the following ways:
- 0 for images at ISO 400 and below
- 10 for images with 1600 ISO
- 30 for images with 6400 ISO and above
The primary use case for this preset is to customize and increase the amount of noise reduction as the ISO value of an image increases.
This preset customizes the following settings:
- Luminance Noise Reduction
- Color Noise Reduction
- Smoothness of Color Noise Reduction
- Masking of Sharpening
This preset will make the following changes to the raw images based on their ISO values:
- Completely disables noise reduction at ISO 400 and below
- Disables Masking of Sharpening at lower ISO values and enables it at higher ISO values
- Uses default values of Blacks and Clarity at lower ISO values but different values at higher ISO values.
If you want to move your raw default settings from one machine to another or want to take the backup of your settings, you can find the raw default settings at the following location:
- macOS: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Defaults
- Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Defaults\
There is no option in Lightroom Classic to export/import raw default settings. However, you can copy RawDefaults.xmp from the following location to export/import raw default settings manually.
macOS: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Defaults