This article applies to Adobe Connect versions that supports Adobe Connect add-in. Starting Nov 2017, Adobe introduced the new Adobe Connect application for desktop that replaces the old Adobe Connect add-in for Adobe Connect version 9.x and later. If you are on Adobe Connect version 8 or earlier, you can continue to use Adobe Connect add-in.
Adobe started upgrading Connect 9 hosted customers to Adobe Connect 9 Update 3 (9.0.3) around midMarch 2013.
This update requires a new Adobe Connect Mac Add-in for functionality specific to meeting hosts and presenters on Mac. You are asked to install the new Mac Add-in in the following circumstances:
- You try to start or join 9.0.3 meeting for first time on Mac and have older version of the Add-in installed.
- You start screen sharing or application sharing on Mac, and don’t have the latest version of the Add-in installed.
The new Mac Add-in fixes the following bugs:
- 3353821: Mac Add-in crashes when sharing PowerPoint document in application sharing
- 3473899: Screen share dialog not displayed on Mac Swedish, Czech and Polish systems
The new Mac Add-in is backwards compatible, so you can download and install it before 9.0.3 upgrade. The version of the new Mac Add-in is 11.2.256.0
Click here to download the Mac Add-in.
- Save the file when prompted; by default, it's saved in the Downloads folder.
- Open the Downloads folder and open ac_addin_mac_256.z to extract the package (the package name is adobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg).
- Open adobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg to launch the installer.
- Follow the installer prompts to install the Add-In.
If you have any questions, contact Adobe using your normal support channels or visit the support page.