You can quickly share a link to a PDF document with others for viewing. The document shared as a link opens in any browser, on any device. The document is stored securely in Adobe Document Cloud.
Recipients get an email with a link, and they can click the link to view the document in a browser; no sign-in required.
To set up reviews for your PDF documents, see Starting a PDF review online.
An anonymous or public link makes the files accessible to anyone who clicks the link. Also, the detailed tracking information is not available for files shared using public links.
The detailed tracking information is available for files shared using a personalized link to individuals.
Recipients get an email notifying them that the file is shared with them. The email contains the Open button and a link to the shared document. Clicking the link or the button opens the document in a browser. Recipients can also download the document if necessary.
See the example screenshot below showing the email notification received by a recipient.
When the recipient views the file, you get a notification in Adobe Acrobat and an email. To view and track all the files shared for viewing, do the following:
In the top-menu bar of Adobe Acrobat home, click Document > Shared By You. All the files shared by you are displayed along with the following information:
Name :Name of the file shared for review.
- Sharing: Names of the people with whom you have shared the file.
- Status: Shows the number of people who have viewed the file.
- Last Activity: The timestamp of the last activity performed on file.
To view the details of a file, select the file. In the right pane, you can perform any of the following actions:
- Share the file with more recipients. Expand the recipient list. Click Invite People, enter the email address of the recipient you want to share the file with, and then click Send Invitation.
- View the activity and timestamp on the shared file. Expand Activity to view the details like Sent To, Viewed By and Downloaded By the recipients.
- Unshare File if you would like to prevent anyone else from viewing or downloading the file.
- Copy Shared Link to copy the link and share it with other recipients.
- Download the file to save it to your local machine.
- Delete Shared File deletes the file permanently from Adobe Document Cloud.