Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Acrobat and Reader for Windows and macOS. These updates address a reported bypass to the fix for CVE-2019-7089 first introduced in 2019.010.20091, 2017.011.30120 and 2015.006.30475 and released on February 12, 2019. Successful exploitation could lead to sensitive information disclosure in the context of the current user.
Adobe recommends users update their software installations to the latest versions by following the instructions below.
The latest product versions are available to end users via one of the following methods:
- Users can update their product installations manually by choosing Help > Check for Updates.
- The products will update automatically, without requiring user intervention, when updates are detected.
- The full Acrobat Reader installer can be downloaded from the Acrobat Reader Download Center.
For IT administrators (managed environments):
- Download the enterprise installers from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/, or refer to the specific release note version for links to installers.
- Install updates via your preferred methodology, such as AIP-GPO, bootstrapper, SCUP/SCCM (Windows), or on macOS, Apple Remote Desktop and SSH.
Adobe categorizes these updates with the following priority ratings and recommends users update their installation to the newest version:
|Product||Track||Updated Versions||Platform||Priority Rating||Availability|
|Acrobat DC||Continuous||2019.010.20098||Windows and macOS||2||Windows
|Acrobat Reader DC||Continuous||2019.010.20098
||Windows and macOS||2||Windows
|Acrobat 2017||Classic 2017||2017.011.30127||Windows||2||Windows
|Acrobat Reader DC 2017||Classic 2017||2017.011.30127||Windows||2||Windows
|Acrobat DC||Classic 2015||2015.006.30482||Windows||2||Windows
|Acrobat Reader DC||Classic 2015||2015.006.30482||Windows||2||Windows
Adobe would like to thank Alex Infuhr from Cure53 (CVE-2019-7815) for reporting the relevant issues and for working with Adobe to help protect our customers.