Adobe has released updates for the Adobe Genuine Service for Windows. This update resolves an important vulnerability which could lead to privilege escalation in the context of the current user.
To verify the version of Adobe Genuine Service installed on your system, please follow the following steps:
- For Windows machines, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient
- Right click on AdobeGCClient.exe, select “Properties”.
- Go to “Details” tab, the File Version can be seen within.
Adobe categorizes these updates with the following priority ratings.
Adobe Genuine Service has a self-update mechanism that runs automatically at a regular interval when the host is connected to the internet. For more details regarding Adobe Genuine Service, please visit here.
|Vulnerability Category||Vulnerability Impact||Severity||CVE Numbers|
|Insecure file permissions
Adobe would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for reporting the relevant issues and for working with Adobe to help protect our customers:
- Andrew Hess (any1)
- Glenn Lloyd working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative
- Csaba Fitzl (@theevilbit) working with iDefense Labs (https://vcp.idefense.com/)