Adobe has released updates for the Adobe Genuine Service for Windows and macOS. This update resolves important vulnerabilities which could lead to privilege escalation in the context of the current user.
To verify the version of Adobe Genuine Integrity Service installed on your system, please follow the following steps:
- For Windows machines, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient
- Right click on AdobeGCClient.exe, select “Properties”.
- Go to “Details” tab, the File Version can be seen within.
Adobe categorizes these updates with the following priority ratings.
Adobe Genuine Integrity Service has a self-update mechanism that runs automatically at a regular interval when the host is connected to the internet. For more details regarding Adobe Genuine Integrity Service, please visit here.
|Vulnerability Category||Vulnerability Impact||Severity||CVE Numbers|
|Insecure library loading
|Mishandling symbolic links
Adobe would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for reporting the relevant issues and for working with Adobe to help protect our customers:
- Adrian Denkiewicz from CQURE. (CVE-2020-9667)
- Zhongcheng Li (CK01) of Topsec Alpha Team (CVE-2020-9668, CVE-2020-9681)