User Guide Cancel
Preferences | Substance 3D Modeler
Last updated on May 16, 2023 03:40:19 PM GMT
- Getting started
- Create with Clay
- Organize your scene
- Technical support
- Release notes
Open the Preferences window from the File menu at the top of the screen, or use shortcut Ctrl + K. The Preferences window holds settings that allow you to configure Modeler to your needs.
The Preferences window has a number of subsections available as follows:
- General: Settings that impact all aspects of Modeler.
- Editor: Manage general Editor settings.
- Spatial: Configure VR specific settings.
- Desktop: Configure desktop specific settings
- Accessibility: Match Modeler's behavior to your needs.
- Keyboard: View keyboard shortcuts.
The General tab includes the following settings:
- Audio Volume
- Desktop Volume: Adjust the volume of all audio elements while using Modeler on desktop.
- VR Volume: Adjust the volume of all audio elements while using Modeler in VR.
- Enable Autosave: Toggle autosave on or off.
- The autosave location is C:\Users\\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Modeler\Saves\Autosave
- Currently only a single autosave file is maintained, and the autosave file is overwritten by subsequent autosaves. This means that the autosave from your most recent scene will overwrite the autosave of a previous scene.
- If you open an autosave file and attempt to save it, a "Save as" dialog will appear instead of overwriting the autosave.
The Editor tab includes the following settings:
- De-emphasize out of scope layers: Toggle whether out of scope layers have their visual appearance modified.
- Show scene floor: Toggle the visibility of the floor.
The Spatial tab includes the following settings:
- Handedness: VR defaults to a right-handed layout. Toggle this setting on to use a left-handed layout.
- Tooltips on controllers: Toggle the visibility of tooltips in VR.
- Interface scale: Adjust the scale of the Palette and other interface elements.
- Haptics: Toggle and manage the strength of haptic feedback from actions in Modeler.
- Letterbox display: Toggle whether the desktop window displays VR content with or without cropping to match the window resolution.
- Mixed reality passthrough: Toggle passthrough on or off on headsets that support the function.
- Keep scene upright: Toggle whether the scene is kept parallel with the horizon while in VR.
The Desktop tab includes the following settings:
- Handedness: By default the Palette appears at the top left of the screen. Toggle this setting on to flip the layout of the UI elements.
- Interface scale: Adjust the size of the Palette and other interface elements.
Accessibility options are still being developed and will be available here once released.
Key bindings and other keyboard specific options will be available here once released.