Read this document in French | German | Japanese | Italian | Swedish | Spanish | Dutch | Danish | Brazilian Portuguese | Norwegian | Finnish | Chinese Traditional | Chinese Simplified | Korean | Czech | Hungarian | Polish | Russian | Turkish | Arabic | Hebrew
Complimentary upgrade eligibility
You could be eligible for a complimentary (free) upgrade if you bought your Adobe software (full or upgrade) around the time that a new version of the software was announced.
Adobe Creative Cloud updates
Adobe offers the most up-to-date versions of applications to Creative Cloud members as soon as they are available. For information about Creative Cloud upgrades, see the Creative Cloud FAQ.
Request a complimentary upgrade
Make sure that you meet the requirements
You own a single-user retail or educational version of an Adobe software product
Not sure if you have a single-user product? See Determine your software license type.
You have registered your serial number
See Product Registration Options.
You have your order number or proof of purchase
- Did you purchase from Adobe? You need your order number.
- Did you purchase from a store? You need an electronic copy of the sales receipt that shows the store’s name and address, product name, version purchased, purchase date, and purchase price. (Scan the receipt, if it is not in electronic form.) See Valid proof of purchase.
You have a qualifying product
These products don't qualify for complimentary upgrades:
- Products purchased through the Mac App Store
- Second-hand purchases, including software received through a transfer of license
- Tutorial DVDs, trials, tryouts, betas, Not For Retail (NFR), and bundled OEM versions
Apply for upgrade
Complimentary post-announce upgrades are available only through Adobe and cannot be used with any other offers. Upgrades come in the same platform, language, and edition as your previous version. (You can request a different language if the language wasn't available previously or is no longer offered.)
Contact us to find out if your purchase falls in the eligibility period.
If you think you were denied in error, contact us. Be sure to include the serial number that you used to make your request.