Safari 7 and 6.1 block PDFs | Acrobat, Reader
PDFs don't load on the first attempt in Safari 7 and 6.1
On the first attempt to view a PDF on a new domain or website in Safari 6.1 and 7 (delivered with Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9), the browser window is gray or blank. It displays the alert: "Blocked Plug-in."
The latest versions of Safari use a new plug-in manager for enabling and disabling plug-ins on a global or per site basis. The Acrobat and Reader PDF viewer plug-ins are not trusted by default until you actively trust the plug-in globally, or for each website.
Solution: Trust the PDF plug-in
Trust the PDF plug-in globally
- Choose Safari > Preferences > Security > Manage Website Settings.
- From the left panel, choose Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
- In the When visiting other websites pop-up menu, choose Allow Always.
Trust the PDF plug-in on a per-site basis
For each domain or website on which the "Blocked Plug-in" message appears:
- Click the "Blocked" message.
- When the Trust dialog appears, choose Trust.