When you use Adobe Reader to view a PDF protected with LiveCycle's Extended Authentication, a blank login screen appears. Digitally rights-managed PDFs do not open from Adobe Reader when the following is true:
- The OS is Windows.
- The Adobe Reader version is 11.0.08 or 11.0.09.
- The PDF is protected using the Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management Server.
- The authentication mechanism is Extended Authentication.
- Adobe Reader is running in protected mode.
This problem is not present in Acrobat. Adobe plans to fix this issue in the next scheduled release.
Update to 11.0.10:
- Choose Help > Check for Updates, or
- Get the .msp file and update manually.