ColdFusion 10 supports client-side charting. This is in addition to the existing server-side charting feature (which continues to serve the way it used to). Client-side charting supports the following:
- Dynamic and interactive charting: Modify the charts, add styles, and add new series or plots
- Popular chart formats with appropriate fallback functionality: Use HTML 5, Flash, SVG, or VML charts.
- If your browser does not support HTML 5 features relevant to charting, charts are rendered in Flash. Similarly, if
- Flash is not supported, charts are rendered in HTML.
- Features identical to server-side charting: Most of the server-side charting features are available with client-side charting.
- Old and new charts: In addition to the contemporary chart types, offers a new set of charts.
- Needs minimal trips to server: As compared to generating charts at server-level, for every user interaction.
For details, see Client-side charting.