User Guide Cancel
Transferred Texture from Mesh | Substance 3D bakers
Last updated on May 24, 2023 02:17:06 PM GMT
- Getting Started
- Bakers settings
- Common Parameters
- Ambient Occlusion
- Ambient Occlusion from Mesh
- Bent Normals from Mesh
- Color Map from Mesh
- Convert UV to SVG
- Curvature from Mesh
- Curvature from Mesh (deprecated)
- Height Map from Mesh
- Normal Map from Mesh
- Opacity Mask from Mesh
- Position map from Mesh
- Thickness Map from Mesh
- Transferred Texture from Mesh
- World Space Direction
- World Space Normals
- Common questions
- How to export the baked maps?
- Is dithering applied to baked textures?
- Should I enable "Compute tangent space per fragment"?
- What are Assbin files?
- What is the bit depth of baked textures?
- What is the difference between the OpenGL and DirectX normal format?
- Why are there strange stretches in my textures after baking or exporting?
- Why is Matching by Name not working with Ambient Occlusion/Thickness?
- Why is my mesh fully black after baking?
- Common issues
- Aliasing on UV Seams
- Baker output is fully black or empty
- Baking failed with Color Map from Mesh
- Black shading cross are visible on the mesh surface
- Mesh parts bleed between each other
- Normal map has strange colorful gradients
- Normal texture looks faceted
- Seams are visible after baking a normal texture
- Seam visible on every face
- Texture baked outside of Substance software looks incorrect
Transferred Texture from Mesh
The Transferred texture from mesh baker allows to convert a texture from one a mesh to another based on their respective UVs. This baker also supports the transfer or normal maps (which require special conversions). In order to work, both meshes need UV definitions.
Available in :
- Substance Designer
- Substance Automation Toolkit
Path to the input texture file that will be transferred.
|UV Set||Mesh UVs to use on the high-poly mesh to read the texture and project it onto the low-poly mesh.|
Defines how the pixel interpolation of the texture should be done.
|Normal Map||If enabled, indicates to the baker that the input texture to transfer is a normal map. This indicates the baker to apply special conversions to the texture to make it compatible with the target mesh.|
Defines what type of normal map the input texture is.
Defines the normal format of the input texture if Map Type is set to Tangent Space.