User Guide Cancel
How to export the baked maps ? | Substance 3D bakers
Last updated on May 24, 2023 02:17:04 PM GMT
- Getting Started
- Bakers settings
- Common Parameters
- Ambient Occlusion
- Ambient Occlusion from Mesh
- Bent Normals from Mesh
- Color Map from Mesh
- Convert UV to SVG
- Curvature from Mesh
- Curvature from Mesh (deprecated)
- Height Map from Mesh
- Normal Map from Mesh
- Opacity Mask from Mesh
- Position map from Mesh
- Thickness Map from Mesh
- Transferred Texture from Mesh
- World Space Direction
- World Space Normals
- Common questions
- How to export the baked maps?
- Is dithering applied to baked textures?
- Should I enable "Compute tangent space per fragment"?
- What are Assbin files?
- What is the bit depth of baked textures?
- What is the difference between the OpenGL and DirectX normal format?
- Why are there strange stretches in my textures after baking or exporting?
- Why is Matching by Name not working with Ambient Occlusion/Thickness?
- Why is my mesh fully black after baking?
- Common issues
- Aliasing on UV Seams
- Baker output is fully black or empty
- Baking failed with Color Map from Mesh
- Black shading cross are visible on the mesh surface
- Mesh parts bleed between each other
- Normal map has strange colorful gradients
- Normal texture looks faceted
- Seams are visible after baking a normal texture
- Seam visible on every face
- Texture baked outside of Substance software looks incorrect
How to export the baked maps ?
How can I export the textures I baked from my mesh to use them in another application ?
Solution : Substance Designer
The output files of the Bakers should be located next to the Substance graph where the mesh is linked to. Right-click and choose "explore" to view the files in the Explorer window of the application.
Solution : Substance Painter
The output files of the Bakers are saved inside the project file (*.spp). To export them it is possible to either :
- Use the File > Export Textures dialog and choose the export preset "Mesh maps"
- Right-click on the a baked texture in the Shelf and choosing "Export".
Solution : Substance Automation Toolkit
The output files of the Bakers are saved next to the mesh by default. The output folder can be changed via a specific argument in the command line.