User Guide Cancel
Is dithering applied to baked textures ? | Substance 3D bakers
Last updated on May 24, 2023 02:17:04 PM GMT
- Getting Started
- Bakers settings
- Common Parameters
- Ambient Occlusion
- Ambient Occlusion from Mesh
- Bent Normals from Mesh
- Color Map from Mesh
- Convert UV to SVG
- Curvature from Mesh
- Curvature from Mesh (deprecated)
- Height Map from Mesh
- Normal Map from Mesh
- Opacity Mask from Mesh
- Position map from Mesh
- Thickness Map from Mesh
- Transferred Texture from Mesh
- World Space Direction
- World Space Normals
- Common questions
- How to export the baked maps?
- Is dithering applied to baked textures?
- Should I enable "Compute tangent space per fragment"?
- What are Assbin files?
- What is the bit depth of baked textures?
- What is the difference between the OpenGL and DirectX normal format?
- Why are there strange stretches in my textures after baking or exporting?
- Why is Matching by Name not working with Ambient Occlusion/Thickness?
- Why is my mesh fully black after baking?
- Common issues
- Aliasing on UV Seams
- Baker output is fully black or empty
- Baking failed with Color Map from Mesh
- Black shading cross are visible on the mesh surface
- Mesh parts bleed between each other
- Normal map has strange colorful gradients
- Normal texture looks faceted
- Seams are visible after baking a normal texture
- Seam visible on every face
- Texture baked outside of Substance software looks incorrect
Is dithering applied to baked textures ?
Does the Bakers support texture dithering and if so when is it applied ?
Dithering is applied to avoid banding in 8bit normal maps for example :
Solution : Substance Designer
Dithering is automatically applied in the following situations :
- When a Baker output is saved into an 8bit texture file
- When a Baker output is used in a bitmap node of a graph set to 8bits.
Solution : Substance Painter
Dithering is an option that can be enabled or disabled during the export process. It is only applied when exporting to 8bit file format for the Normal, Displacement and Height channel.
Solution : Substance Automation Toolkit
Dithering is not supported at the moment.