User Guide Cancel
Baking failed with Color Map from Mesh | Substance 3D bakers
Last updated on May 24, 2023 02:17:05 PM GMT
- Getting Started
- Bakers settings
- Common Parameters
- Ambient Occlusion
- Ambient Occlusion from Mesh
- Bent Normals from Mesh
- Color Map from Mesh
- Convert UV to SVG
- Curvature from Mesh
- Curvature from Mesh (deprecated)
- Height Map from Mesh
- Normal Map from Mesh
- Opacity Mask from Mesh
- Position map from Mesh
- Thickness Map from Mesh
- Transferred Texture from Mesh
- World Space Direction
- World Space Normals
- Common questions
- How to export the baked maps?
- Is dithering applied to baked textures?
- Should I enable "Compute tangent space per fragment"?
- What are Assbin files?
- What is the bit depth of baked textures?
- What is the difference between the OpenGL and DirectX normal format?
- Why are there strange stretches in my textures after baking or exporting?
- Why is Matching by Name not working with Ambient Occlusion/Thickness?
- Why is my mesh fully black after baking?
- Common issues
- Aliasing on UV Seams
- Baker output is fully black or empty
- Baking failed with Color Map from Mesh
- Black shading cross are visible on the mesh surface
- Mesh parts bleed between each other
- Normal map has strange colorful gradients
- Normal texture looks faceted
- Seams are visible after baking a normal texture
- Seam visible on every face
- Texture baked outside of Substance software looks incorrect
Baking failed with Color Map from Mesh
Possible error message:
[ Baking ] Baking failed (Color Map from Mesh)
Could not find vertex colors
The default settings for the Color Map from Mesh is to bake the high-poly mesh vertex colors into a texture based on the mesh UVs. However it is often the case where the high-poly mesh doesn't have any vertex colors information. Therefore the baker can't write information that don't exist.
Different solutions are available to avoid this error message :
- Use an high-poly mesh that has vertex colors
- Set the Color Map from Mesh baker with different settings
- Don't use the Color Map from Mesh baker if you don't need it