There are several reasons why you may receive this message:
- You have not activated your Creative Cloud membership. See Redemption Code Help.
- You have not accepted the email invitation to join your Creative Cloud for teams or enterprise membership, or your IT administrator has not assigned you a license. See Accept an invitation to Creative Cloud team or enterprise membership.
- Your Creative Cloud account profile has incorrect or missing information.
- You could have a language conflict.
- Your computer may be unable to reach Adobe’s activation servers.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions (1–6) in order.
Signing out and signing back in to Creative Cloud resets your account information.
When you sign out, you temporarily deactivate the Creative Cloud membership on that computer, and you won't be able to use your apps. Sign in to activate the membership again. You can then use your apps and services normally.
Refresh your account information and check for updates by clicking the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Creative Cloud desktop app, and choosing Check for App Updates. Or, you can use the following keyboard commands to check for updates:
The Creative Cloud desktop app should restart automatically. If it doesn't, launch it manually. By default, the Creative Cloud desktop app is located in the Program Files folder (Windows) or the Applications folder (Mac OS).
- Windows: Ctrl+Alt+R
- Mac OS: Cmd+Option+R
When prompted, sign in with your Adobe ID and password. Your Creative Cloud membership is reactivated.
Having trouble? See detailed instructions here: Sign in and sign out to activate Creative Cloud apps.
Make sure that your billing address is correct, and that it is the same address associated with your account payment credit card.
Valid payment information is required for your membership. An invalid or expired credit card could cause Creative Cloud to prompt you for a serial number.
To change the credit card associated with your account, or to update your payment information, do the following:
For detailed instructions, see Manage your Creative Cloud membership.
If prompted, enter your birth date and click Update.
If your birth date is not accepted, your entered age does not meet CC’s eligibility requirements. See: Error: You are not eligible to use Creative Cloud.
If you purchased an English-only subscription option, make sure that the default language setting in the Creative Cloud desktop app is English (International).
Click the Creative Cloud icon in your taskbar (Windows) or the Apple menu bar (Mac OS) to launch the Creative Cloud desktop app.If you don’t see the Creative Cloud icon, you may have quit the application. You can relaunch it:
- Windows: Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Mac OS: Choose Go > Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud.
To download the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app manually, see Creative Cloud desktop app.
Your computer may be having trouble connecting to Adobe’s activation servers.
To resolve this issue, work through the solutions in Creative Cloud activation and sign-in troubleshooting.