The 12.1 update for Adobe Photoshop Elements includes the following enhancements and fixes:
- Revel workflow improvements:
- Improved Raw/PSD file upload experience. In version 12.0, Elements creates a JPEG proxy image in the user's catalog for any Raw/PSD files uploaded to Revel. In 12.1, this JPEG proxy file is hidden from the user. Elements creates this proxy file silently on the disk and deletes the file once it is uploaded to Revel. As earlier, the uploaded proxy file is mapped with the Raw/PSD file in Elements. This enhancement ensures that you don't come across duplicate media in the Elements catalog.
- Ability to hide a library in your Elements catalog. This functionality comes handy when you want to selectively hide/show media from a friend’s library or one of your own libraries.
- In earlier versions of Elements, any file deleted from Revel was automatically deleted from the Elements catalog. You now have additional options to manage such deleted files. You can now opt to delete the media from Revel, but keep it intact in the Elements catalog. You can also choose to delete the media from the Elements catalog as well as the hard disk.
- Fixes for some Revel integration issues in version 12.0. Improved performance and integration stability.
- Optimized Revel integration first-launch experience.
- Addressed the delay observed in version 12.0 while downloading files to the Elements catalog.
- Addressed an issue related to the pressure sensitivity sensor in N-Trig pens included with Sony laptop computers.
- Addressed an issue that caused slideshow previews to appear blank in Photoshop Elements 11 and 12.
- Numerous performance and stability improvements.
The 12.1 update for Adobe Premiere Elements includes the following enhancements and fixes:
- Revel workflow improvements mentioned in the Photoshop Elements section above
- Addressed an issue related to iPhone 5s slow-motion video upload to Revel
- Addressed an issue that caused some music score to end abruptly