The Sync with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom mobile feature enabled you to keep your photos and collections with you wherever you went. You could work on photos from any location, and the changes and modifications were automatically synced back to Lightroom Classic desktop or mobile.
The new Share feature in Lightroom Classic enables you to now share your pictures with others. You can seek feedback, comments, and see what kinds of photos viewers are interested in. Importantly:
- Any collection synced with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom mobile can be shared.
- When you share a collection for commenting and feedback, you receive a URL of the location of the photos (on https://lightroom.adobe.com/). This URL can be accessed by anyone with a valid Adobe ID.
When a comment is posted for a photo, the collection and photo thumbnails display with a yellow badge () to indicate feedback activity.
To review the latest comments in Lightroom Classic desktop, do one of the following:
- In the Collections panel, click the yellow notification badge on a collection, and then choose Review Comments, or,
- Select a collection, switch to Grid view (G), and then set the Sort drop-down to Last Comment Time
The comments are displayed in the Comments panel.
When a comment is posted for a photo, the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom web interface does not provide a real-time indication of feedback activity. However, in thumbnail view, each photo indicates if they have comments or if they have been favorited.
- Image has comments:
- Image has been marked favorite:
If you have installed Adobe Photoshop Lightroom mobile on your connected mobile device, you get a notification that a comment has been posted.
- Start Adobe Photoshop Lightroom mobile
- Tap the comment icon to pull up a list of comments that have been posted for your shared photos.
- You can read the comment here, or tap the comment to go to the photo.
- If you choose to go to the photo, you will be able to view the comments and likes that the photo has received.
Log into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom web and select a shared album, and then click a photo.
Shared albums (available for commenting) have an open lock symbol () on their thumbnail image.
Each comment and activity of marking as favorite is listed sequentially in Lightroom Classic desktop. Deleting comments is most convenient using this interface. To delete a comment, do the following:
- Click the comments notification (yellow badge) on the collection or a photo thumbnail (in Grid (G) or Loupe (E) view). The comments are displayed in the Comments panel.
- Right-click a comment and select Delete Comment.
Important: Deleting a comment is an action that cannot be undone.
Comments: Owners of a shared album can delete any comment posted on a photo, while viewers of an album can only delete their own comments.
- To delete a comment, hover the mouse pointer close to the right edge of a comment. When the bin icon appears, click it and confirm the delete action.
Likes: Owners and viewers of a Shared album can only cancel their own actions that caused a photo to be marked favorite.
- To cancel a like, click the like icon ().
When you cancel sharing of a collection, the album and photos within are no longer accessible to users. If you share the folder again, the comments and likes are restored to the photos. However, if you cancel the sync of the album with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom mobile, all references to the album are removed from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom web. You will no longer be able to see the pictures on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom web, and restoring the sync and share will also not help in restoring those comments and likes.