With XD, you can seamlessly transfer assets with native mapping of layers, artboards, artwork, and vectors to After Effects. However, for some layers or effects, the export does not work with complete fidelity.
What are the supported features when you export to After Effects?
What are the non-supported features when you export to After Effects?
- Text ranged styles
- Paragraph spacing
- Gradients for artboard background
- Background blur opacity and stroke
- Flipped images
- Layers with Boolean operations are exported as paths.
- Rectangles with different corner radius are exported as paths.
- Symbol overrides are exported as separate precomps.
- Inside and outside strokes are exported as centered strokes in After Effects.
- Borders that exceed symbol size and symbol shadow are not transferred to After Effects.
If the export operation fails, restart Adobe XD and After Effects apps and re-export the assets.