If you received error 191 while installing Adobe XD, see Fix error code 191 when installing XD.
The error 191 generally occurs in the following scenarios:
- Your system login account does not have administrator privileges.
- Your device does not meet the system requirements to install a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app. For information, see system requirements.
- Your Windows installation has failed to sideload a UWP package.
After troubleshooting, you can work through the following solutions, proceeding to the next solution if necessary.
You might encounter an error such as ERROR_DELETING_EXISTING_APPLICATIONDATA_STORE_FAILED or a similar error while installing your Creative Cloud app. This might occur when there is already another Creative Cloud app package installed on your computer.
To delete the existing package and install the new package, follow along:
Ensure that the following folders have read and write access. To do this, follow the given paths to find these folders in your computer.
- C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Temp
- C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Packages
Once done, follow the steps given below and verify or change folder permissions for these folders one by one Then proceed to install the app from the Creative Cloud desktop app.
It's likely that some corrupted Microsoft Store components are preventing your installation. To fix this issue, you need to reset Microsoft Store cache.