Photoshop Elements 13 ReadMe
Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 for Windows and Mac OS ReadMe
This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and resources to get you started with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 13.
Minimum system requirements
To view the minimum system requirements to run Photoshop Elements 13 on Windows and Mac, see the tech-specs page.
- Install Photoshop Elements with an account that has administrative privileges.
- For the easiest installation experience, quit any open programs, including virus protection software, prior to installing Photoshop Elements 13. Remember to re-enable virus protection once you have successfully installed the product.
- You do not need to uninstall previous versions of Photoshop Elements; some users prefer to keep the older, familiar version around as they come up to speed with the new version's features.
- If prompted, restart the computer after installing the program.
If you face problems during installation, more information is available online at Troubleshooting Installation issues.
Access the latest Photoshop Elements Help from the Adobe website.
- Although it is not necessary to uninstall any previous version of Photoshop Elements, Adobe does not recommend switching between older and newer versions of the Photoshop Elements Organizer.
- Catalogs created in older version of the product would need to be converted to the latest version.
- Only the most recently used catalog will be converted automatically. If you use multiple catalogs, start Photoshop Elements, go into Organizer, and use the File > Manage Catalogs command to search and convert other catalogs.
- Updating previous catalogs (more than 30,000 photos) can take over an hour (possibly a few hours, if the catalog is large, and from an older version of Photoshop Elements or Photoshop Album). Please be patient!
- Following file formats are no longer supported in Photoshop Elements and the corresponding files will be not be imported into the new catalogs
- JPEG 2000, Filmstrip (FLM), Wireless BMP (WBM, WBMP), PCX, Targa (TGA, VDA, ICB, VST), Photoshop RAW (RAW), PICT File (PCT, PICT), Scitex CT (SCT), Photoshop EPS (EPS), EPS TIFF Preview (EPS), Generic EPS (AI3, AI4, AI5, AI6, AI7, AI8, PS, EPS, AI, EPSF, EPSP), avc, mkv, flv, m1v, mpe, asx, mpv, dcr, avs, hprj, m2p, mpa, mp2, asf, 264
- Any slideshow project files that you may have created in earlier versions of Photoshop Elements will no longer be opened in Photoshop Elements 13, however you would have the ability to convert those to new Slideshows.
- In addition, on Mac OS following formats are no longer supported: IFF Format, Photoshop 2.0, Alias PIX, PICT Resource.
Availability of online services depends on geographical regions. For the correct services listing, launch Adobe Photoshop Elements (Organizer), and choose Edit > Preferences > Adobe Partner Services on Windows or Elements Organizer > Adobe Partner Services Location on Mac, and click the "Choose" button to set your location.
Copyright 2001-2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved.
Adobe, the Adobe logo and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Notices, Terms and Conditions pertaining to third party software are located at http://www.adobe.com/go/thirdparty.
This Program was written with MacApp®: ©1985-1988 Apple Computer, Inc.
Color-database derived from Sample Books © Dainippon Ink and Chemicals, Inc., licensed to Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Eastman Kodak Company is the owner and licensor of the Kodak Professional Image Pac Toolkit.
Portions utilize Microsoft Windows Media Technologies. Copyright ©1999-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Portions for sending digital photos by email, copyright © 2003-2004 Novatix Corporation - all rights reserved worldwide.
PANTONE® Colors displayed in the software application or in the user documentation may not match PANTONE-identified standards. Consult current PANTONE Color Publications for accurate color. PANTONE® and other Pantone, Inc. trademarks are the property of Pantone, Inc. © Pantone, Inc., 2013. Pantone, Inc. is the copyright owner of color data and/or software which are licensed to Adobe Systems incorporated to distribute for use only in combination with Adobe Photoshop Elements. PANTONE Color Data and/or Software shall not be copied onto another disk or into memory unless as part of the execution of Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Certain trademarks are owned by The Proximity Division of Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc., and are used by permission. Merriam-Webster is a trademark of Merriam-Webster, Inc. Portions may utilize Proximity’s Hyphenation technology. Proximity Technology, Inc., Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc
Roxio® and the burning disk logo are registered trademarks of Sonic Solutions in the United States, and may be registered in some other jurisdictions. Use of this product is subject to the acceptance of the license agreements included in this package. This product may be protected by one or more of the US and/or foreign patents listed at www.sonic.com/innovation/patents.
TOYO COLOR FINDER® SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE ©TOYO INK MFG. CO., LTD. 1991-1994.
Portions of the code were developed by Visual Infinity, Inc.