Adobe Drive CC (version 5.0.1) Release Notes
This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Drive documentation. For an overview of the installation requirements and features introduced in Adobe Drive 5, see the previous Release Notes at:
In this release
Adobe Drive CC 5.0.1 provides fixes and integration with the latest releases of other Adobe products, such as Adobe Bridge, Illustrator®, InDesign®, and InCopy®. Key fixes and improvements include the following:
- Support for 64-bit Windows systems.
- Improved responsiveness of the UI when working with large files on AEM DAM systems.
- Improved performance when downloading large files (350 Mb and larger, for example) from cloud-hosted AEM DAM systems.
- Files with names that contain special characters can now be saved on a AEM DAM server, and the file names are displayed correctly. [3627367, 3385384]
- When another user checks in a new version of a document on an AEM DAM server while you have that document open, it is no longer necessary to explicitly show versions in order to see the change. 
- Adobe Drive now correctly handles file names that use double-byte and extended characters when checking files in and out of AEM DAM systems. 
Fixed in application releases
These issues that were reported as Adobe Drive bugs were fixed by new or patch releases of the host applications. You may need to upgrade the host application to get the fix.
- An update for Adobe Bridge CC is now available. You must install this update. Without the update, Adobe Bridge crashes on launch or exit when you attempt to use it with Adobe Drive. 
- With the CC release of InCopy, the application no longer crashes when opening an assignment file using Adobe Drive. 
These issues are known to occur in this release. For the latest updates on known issues, go to:
- Because this release supports 64-bit Windows platforms, there might be an installation issue when using a third-party custom connector with a 64-bit Windows system. You must check that the connector plug-in is properly installed in the correct folder, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AD4ServiceManager\Plugins\.
- You may find that the plug-in for the custom connector is installed in the 32-bit compatibility location under C:\Program Files (x86)\
- It should now be installed in the standard location under C:\Program Files\
The plug-in can be in both places, but there must be a copy installed in the standard location.
-  After editing and saving a managed asset in Illustrator or Photoshop, an error message appears: "File has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue?" or "The disk copy of [Filename] was changed since you last opened or saved it. Do you want to save anyway?". You can safely ignore this message.