|Product||Adobe Experience Manager|
|Release||Cumulative Fix Pack 22.214.171.124|
|General availability||08 August 2017|
Adobe introduced a single-delivery model for releasing fixes. Instead of releasing hot fixes for individual issues, Adobe now releases a Cumulative Fix Pack (CFP) every month (subject to passing quality checks). A CFP is an aggregated content package for multiple fixes. CFPs primarily include bug fixes but might also include Feature Packs. They have the following advantages over individual hotfix releases:
- Cumulative in nature (for example, a CFP contains fixes delivered through previous CFPs)
- Increased quality assurance
- Simplified installation (User installs a CFP as a single package that has no dependencies, except for the latest service pack)
For more information on CFP and other types of releases, see Maintenance Release Vehicle.
AEM Cumulative Fix Pack 126.96.36.199 is an important update that includes several internal and customer fixes since the general availability of AEM 6.3 in April 2017.
The key highlights of the AEM Cumulative Fix Pack are:
- Auditability of user access control
- Includes version 1.6.2 of the built-in repository (Apache Jackrabbit Oak)
- Resolved unclosed resource resolver issues
- Simplified configuration for smart content services
- Resolved content fragment validation issues
- Improved editability of metadata schemas on hybrid devices
- Resolved component-level synchronization issues in live copies
- Improved usability of content-heavy pages in column view
- Improved compliance with page naming convention for pages with long titles
- Improved campaign personalization experience on Touch UI
- Fixes for various project overlay issues
Applying CFP without validating compatibility between installed feature packs may result in system failure or loss of custom configurations, which could require restoration from backup to resolve.
In addition, this CFP includes hotfixes delivered in previous cumulative fix packs.
- Hotfix for Oak 1.6.2. NPR-16993
- While opening the omnisearch using a filter, the path is no longer set. NPR-17398: Hotfix for CQ-4204870
- Requirement for auditability of user permission changes in AEM. NPR-17061
- Lingering connections to DM Cloud Services causing "Too many open files" exception. CQ-4211407
- Usability issues with configuring smart content services using different options. NPR-18200: Hotfix for CQ-4201557
- Resource leakage in binary streams to S3 datastore. NPR-18041: Hotfix for CQ-4209506
- An error occurs when an ASCII/UTF-8 encoded text file is uploaded to AEM Assets and thumbnail generation fails. NPR-18006: CFP for CQ-4209345
- Default metadata schema causes content fragment validation failure. NPR-17769: Hotfix for CQ-4211111
- Unclosed resource resolver in com.day.cq.dam.s7dam.common.analytics.impl.SiteCatalystReportRunner. NPR-17598: CFP for CQ-4209018
- Request to create multiple replication agents for publishing assets to Brand Portal. NPR-17189
- Review task for assets under Japanese language folder doesn't work. CQ-4204782
- Null pointer exception occurs when an asset is moved from its properties page. CQ-4204251
- AEM fails to track subsequent references to an asset in the properties page if it is linked to an InDesign document multiple times. CQ-4204186
- Issues with adding new tabs in the metadata schema form when it is edited in Chrome on hybrid devices. CQ-4201810
- When duplicate assets are uploaded, the (delete/keep) option is applied to all assets even when it is not selected in duplicates detected dialog. CQ-4201673
- A null pointer exception is raised when an asset folder with more than 150 incoming references is moved. CQ-4200981
- For a downloaded asset folder, if a conflict occurs when extracting the contents of the ZIP file the default option appears as Create version instead of Keep both. CQ-97800
- Users with read-only permissions to app cannot preview content from AEM Mobile content management. NPR-17486: CFP for CQ-4209690
- The Create Catalog button does not work in column view in the Catalog console. CQ-4209952
- Issues with embedding image/video components via data-sly-resource attribute. NPR-18182: CFP for CQ-4212100
- Modified localized components not restored to their original form when inheritance is reapplied in a LiveCopy. NPR-18172: Hotfix for CQ-4211379
- Issues with navigating a content-heavy page in column view in Touch UI. NPR-17799: Hotfix for CQ-4199611
- Unclosed resource resolver in com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl. NPR-17789: CFP for CQ-4211152
- Page name not getting generated as per convention for long page titles. NPR-17633: Hotfix for CQ-4209056
- Issues with page creation on Touch UI in AEM 6.3 deployed on Jboss EAP 6.4. NPR-17589: Hotfix of CQ-4210137
- Workflow status provider causes the instance to lock up when nested groups are present. NPR-17556: CFP request for CQ-4202056
- Unclosed resource resolver in the following objects:
- com.day.cq.wcm.undo.impl.BinaryValueManagerImpl NPR-17497: CFP for CQ-4208673
- com.day.cq.commons.impl.ThumbnailProviderManagerImpl NPR-17495: CFP for CQ-4208668
- com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.impl.WcmWorkflowServiceImpl NPR-17494: CFP for CQ-4208669
- com.day.crx.delite.impl.AuthHttpContext NPR-17493: CFP for GRANITE-17404
- Resolved AEM Search component errors that can occur when AEM Day HTTP Client 3.1 OSGI is configured with a Proxy that requires Digest Authentication. NPR 18128: Hotfix for NPR-18029
- Issues with personalizing campaigns and associated experiences via Classic UI. NPR-18127: Hotfix for CQ-4211559
- When setting a brand/zone to a root page of a site, inheritance once cancelled cannot be restored for Areas in subpages. NPR-17753: Hotfix for CQ-4210139
- In a non-transient workflow, the process history and metadata changes made before an external process step are not persisted. NPR-17848: Hotfix for GRANITE-17757
- Values from workflow dialog fields are not persisted in the work item node. NPR-17734: Hotfix for CQ-4210369
- Unparsable date error occurs when editing task from inbox. CQ-4208749
- Fixes for various project overlay issues. NPR-17733
- Restructuring of the pods in the projects module makes it less configurable. CQ-4209859
- Path of assets path changes to the respective localized sites when pages are added to the translation job. CQ-4206007
AEM Forms fixes are delivered through Forms add-on package and other patch installers provided with the release. For details, see AEM Forms Releases.
The key highlights for AEM Forms are:
- Fixes in correspondence management text modules, letter previews, and programmatically launching create correspondence management UI.
- Fixes for PDF/A-1b validation, conversion of large image files to PDF, and Japanese language PDF documents in PDF Generator.
- Usability fixes for correspondence management, document security, and forms workflow.
- Added support to capture audit events for the scribble signature field.
- On editing a correspondence management fragment, the text editor displays inline conditions along with the processed text. CQ-4211930
- On creating a correspondence management letter, description of the letter is not saved. NPR-18089
- Additional margin above and below a bulleted list is visible in text editor but not in HTML and PDF rendition. NPR-18126
- When HTML submit used the POST method, the create correspondence UI fails to launch. NPR-18202
- When a text module is saved and an expression in the text module does not contain opening or closing expression tags, no error message is displayed. The text module displays an error message and fails to render in the letter. NPR-18535
- When new content is added or the Enter key is pressed, a div tag is added to the text module. NPR-18240
- On validating a PDF document for PDF/A-1b compliance, AEM Forms returns a validation error: PDFA_CONTENT_003_DEVICE_DEPENDENT_COLOR_USED. The PDF document does not return the error when validated with Adobe Preflight and third-party software. NPR-18011
- On validating PDF documents for PDF/A-1b compliance, AEM Forms returns a validation error: Form field has multiple appearances. The PDF documents are PDF/A-1b compliant. NPR-18013
- On selecting to process files using a workflow, while creating a watch folder, the workflow model selection drop-down appears truncated. NPR-17566
- AEM Forms does not capture audit events for the scribble signature field. NPR-15286
- AEM Forms UI lists all the assets in the oldest first order. Users are not able to reorder the assets in newest first order. NPR-18450
Java API Reference
Added JavaDocs for the com.adobe.livecycle.content class. NPR-18468
- PDF Generator service fails to convert images larger than 100 MB to PDF documents. Ref# CQ-4208628
- On using PDF Generator service with a Japanese language OCR, an inverted PDF is generated. NPR-17602
- The TaskContext variable is not populated for AEM Forms processes. NPR-18199
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint take much longer time to open the documents protected with AEM Document Security Extension for Microsoft Office. CQ-4212358
- When a new policy is created and a policy with the same name as existing, an internal server error occurs. NPR-18247
Cumulative Fix Package 1
- Sling distribution leaks jcr sessions GRANITE-17557
- DAM workflow steps leak streams from the datastore, causing S3 connections to be exhausted. NPR-17385; Hotfix for
- After upgrading to AEM 6.3 with DM-encoding enabled, the asset detail listing page flags video processing failure for video assets that were processed using non-DM (ffmpeg) encoding. NPR-16641; Hotfix for CQ-4208374
- The Publish to Brand Portal button is not visible while clicking Publish from the asset details page. NPR-17351; Hotfix for CQ-94905
- In the DAM repository, the priority of review tasks created on a folder are not listed correctly. CQ-4209413
- The asset version preview does not work if asset update workflow is disabled. CQ-4204986
- Selecting multiple translation projects and clicking Start Translation Job, shows the jobs as 'undefined' in the dialog, instead of identifying them by project name. CQ-4194697
- In the Assets tab of the Translation Configuration window, the default value for the translation provider should be selected automatically for Machine Translation. CQ-4199006
- Deactivation or deletion of a content fragment does not invalidate the associated references. NPR-17030; Hotfix for CQ-109736
- Opening a content fragment takes longer time if it is referenced in many pages. NPR-17030; Hotfix for CQ-4204627
- Summarization of content fragment from an MS Word document fails to copy special characters and tags (such as for bullet points and tables). NPR-17030; Hotfix for CQ-4196797
- Deleting a variation takes a longer time if it is referenced in many pages. NPR-17030; Hotfix for CQ-4204641
- While creating hyperlinks using the Touch UI-based Rich Text Editor, the links containing a space in the specified href are removed on saving the text component. CQ-4206768
- Creating an internal link in Rich Text components and saving it saves it as an absolute link instead of the relative link. CQ-4206761
- The Core Title component in Template Editor cannot be edited inline. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4201974
- Layout handles are not removed from previous component, while selecting another component on a page. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4202535
- The Layout handles are lost after resizing components. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4202532
- Component offset on smaller breakpoints cannot be removed when doing layout. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4202669
- Component width in resized layout containers is improperly calculated. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4202670
- Submitting page properties returns an 'Error 500' on Microsoft Edge browser. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4204064
- The layout of editable components is ignored in the Template Editor Structure mode. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-100202
- Left layout resize handle cannot be grabbed when side panel is open. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-104205
- Components that are positioned side by side are difficult to resize. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4201903
- In-place editing of an image loads the image in its original size, instead of the size displayed on the page. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4202652
- Incorrect label shown when image upload is not allowed. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4202673
- Wrong workflow name is shown in the Notification Inbox when publishing a page through the Manage Publication wizard. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4204366
- The Editor side panel resizes when accessing the Page Information menu. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-104225
- Manually changing the content fragment source in a dialog sometimes causes an error. NPR-16827; Hotfix for CQ-4204299
- Show/Hide functionality in the Rule Editor does not work. NPR-16980; Hotfix for CQ-4207543
- Deleting an out of the box form component from a page throws an error. NPR-16980; Hotfix for CQ-4209654
- The FormParagraphPostProcessor violates API by saving changes even when Form Start and End element are not added or deleted together. NPR-16980; Hotfix for CQ-45127
- The HTL-based Paragraph System component (/libs/wcm/foundation/components/parsys) should be adapted to the new component wrapper behavior. NPR-16980; Hotfix for CQ-4206620, CQ-4206621
- While adding a link to a selected text in the Rich Text Editor, the 'Target' attribute is set even though no value is selected from the link dialog select dropdown. CQ-4209337
- The Social Review component loads voting information even though it is not required. CQ-4209049
- The response time for accessing messages and notifications in Social Communities is approximately 60 seconds, which is higher than expected. CQ-4208964
- Facebook Social login fails with an OAuthException exception. CQ-4208962
- Changing the user password from an author instance's Members console does not work again if the password is changed previously from the publish instance's User Profile console. CQ-4208233
The key highlights for AEM Forms are:
- Support added for OData services in AEM Forms Data Integration
- Custom property added as a drop-down in Correspondence Management
- Usability fixes for Adaptive forms, Correspondence management, Mobile forms, Forms portal, PDF Reader Services
- AEM Forms JEE fixes for resolving login and sync issues, conversion to PDF, and mobile form preview and rendition
- AEM Designer fix for Calculate and Validate script events
- OData services supported for data integration for adaptive forms. CQ-107937
- Form field validations do not work in the HTML preview of an adaptive form, and clicking the Proceed button displays hidden fields. NPR-16933
- While using the visual Rule Editor of adaptive forms, the form container fails to show values in the State drop-down. NPR-17293
- Static text should be excluded from the tabbing order in Adaptive forms. CQ-4206326
- Accordion titles in an adaptive form should be editable HTML headings. CQ-4206159
- The accordion layout of a form panel is not accessible to screen reader users using screen reader software such as JAWS or NVDA. CQ-4206160
- For an adaptive form with a single item checkbox, if the Checkbox Title is filled and the Item Title hidden, the Create Dictionary action throws an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundException. CQ-4206152
- The Help content icon should be included in the tabbing order in Adaptive forms and should be accessible to screen reader users. CQ-4206146
- While previewing an Adaptive Form with Numeric box on German Locale, when user inputs any negative value with the comma sign, the value changes on clicking outside the numeric box. CQ-4206144
- On pre-populating adaptive forms with input XML, default values are overridden by empty values in the XML. CQ-4205849
- When the default OSGI configuration in the asset composer configuration for date display formats is changed to locale=en_US; dateFormat=MMM dd,yyyy, a date for the date field gets displayed as junk characters in the letter preview. CQ-4198219
- While previewing a letter with scrollable text using Internet Explorer browser, the scroll bar functionality does not work. CQ-4206447
- While editing a letter using Internet Explorer browser, spaces and multiline spaces do not render correctly in the HTML preview and PDF output after saving. CQ-4206448
- A floating field included in an XDP fragment is not scalable on viewing using the Internet Explorer. CQ-4206446
- Adding or modifying a data dictionary to an existing text document fragment consumes more time than expected. CQ-4206474
- Trying to edit a letter when previewing a letter using Internet Explorer browser shows duplicate values from 8 to 72 in the Font Size dropdown. CQ-4206475
- While editing a letter fragment, if some text is converted to list format, the entire letter functionality breaks. CQ-4206289
- While submitting a letter directly from preview using Internet Explorer browser, the pop-up displaying the letter name does not show up properly in the Publish instance. CQ-4206322
- When trying to create a Data Dictionary using an XSD file in the Correspondence Management node, the browser becomes unresponsive every time the XSD is uploaded and a root node is selected. CQ-4206155
- Letters that reference document fragments containing tab spaces in the beginning or in between expressions cannot be rendered or previewed. CQ-4205549
- Saving, deleting, and setting references for a document fragment causes performance issues. CQ-4202928
- After installation of AEM Forms 6.2 OSGi on Linux with the 3.2.14 package, the footer shows up as "Null" in the Correspondence Management letter. CQ-100842
- When creating a letter based on Data Dictionary, letter rendition fails if the letter contains a blank text module. CQ-4208184
- Search functionality does not work properly if the searched text has multiple occurrences. CQ-4207878
- While using multiple text fragments as data modules in a letter, if one of them has justified alignment, the justified text is displayed in a different font while previewing the letter. CQ-4207800
- The JSON surrounding the submitURL provided in the Forms Render property should be omitted in the HTML source code. CQ-109017
- Date field validations messages do not work in HTML5 preview though they work in the PDF preview. CQ-4206151
- For Adaptive forms allowing multiple attachments, when a new form instance with an attachment is submitted to a file attachment widget with previously existing attachment, an error is displayed on opening the second attachment. CQ-4205871
- After upgrading AEM Forms server from 6.1 to 6.2 or 6.3, the Draft and Submission listings should work with database sample implementation. CQ-4202096
Reader Extensions Service
- A specific file cannot be Reader Extended on an AEM Forms OSGI installation whereas the same functionality works on an AEM Forms JEE instance. CQ-4206147
- Conversion to PDF/A format fails with an error message 'Number of bytes needed for identity CMap is a multiple of 2'. CQ-4206158
- Configuration Manager can fail during the upgrade process due to timeout issues. NPR-16773, CQ-4201107
- While previewing a form as HTML, the SubmitServiceProxy provided in the Forms Render properties should be excluded in the HTML source code. CQ-4203169
- The mobile form rendition differs from the PDF rendition, though both should be same. CQ-4207939
- When using AEM Forms JEE with Oracle database, running the enterprise domain sync causes a ‘connection reset error’ during group members sync and the sync starts again. CQ-4208044 (See Additional instructions.)
- With AEM Forms configured with Single Sign On (SSO or Kerberos) authentication, if authentication fails, the page returns a 404 error and needs to be refreshed for redirecting user to the um/login site. CQ-4195165
- AEM Form operations cause a File Handle Leak in the production environment. NPR-17424
- The following AEM Form operations cause a File Handle Leak in the operations: AssemblerService.is PDFA(Document pdf, ValidationSpec valispec) and FormsService.importData(Document pdf, Document xmldata). NPR-17425
- While trying to validate a specific PDF, the AEM Forms returns a log with message 'PDFA_FONT_011_MISMATCHED_WIDTHS_TABLES', though Acrobat Preflight and other 3rd party tools consider the pdf to be pdf/A-1b compliant. CQ-4206163
- Conversion to PDF fails for a specific PDF when the Document Description XML (DDX) contains <LinkAlias> tags. CQ-4206157
- When trying to validate a file as PDF/A-1b, AEM Forms returns 'PDFA_FONT_011_MISMATCHED_WIDTHS_TABLES' in the validation log, whereas the Acrobat preflight and a third party validator considers it as a valid PDF/A-1b. CQ-4204864
- The Create PDF/A activity of Doc Converter does not work correctly and results in a PDF/A with scrambled text. CQ-4206156
- Upload of large packages into the Forms Manager slows down over time. CQ-4206162
- Global binding for exclusion groups does not work. CQ-4206161
- Forms Output Service has a performance issue as compared to ES4 SP1. CQ-4206164
- Heavy images of size approximately 100 MB or more cannot be converted to PDF using PDFG service. CQ-4208609
Forms - Install LCM
- While trying to migrate the forms repository from crx2 to crx3, execution of the jar file, MigrateFormsJEECrx2Content-6-1-2.jar fails. CQ-104534
The capabilities of forms users, whether using the JEE admin UI console or the OSGi console should be the same. CQ-4208163
- AEM Designer Script Event does not respect the form properties defaults for the Calculate and Validate events.
Forms Add-on Package
- Add a custom property as a dropdown for letters in the Letter Creation Editor. See Adding custom properties to Correspondence Management assets. CQ-4206170, CQ-4207892
- Improvements to the inline condition capability in Text Fragments. CQ-85962
The CFP is available on Adobe Package Share. You can download the CFP package directly from Cumulative Fix Pack or perform the following steps:
- On your AEM instance, click Tools > Package Share.
- Log in using your Adobe ID credentials.
- Search for 188.8.131.52 and click the appropriate package in the search results to open the CFP details page.
- On the CFP details page, click Download and accept the license agreement. Click OK to confirm the download.
(AEM Forms on JEE only) The procedure to install a CFP on AEM Forms on JEE is described in Installing CFP on AEM Forms JEE.
Optional Feature Packs provided by Adobe have dependencies on the release version and Cumulative Fix Pack. If you have any Feature Pack installed, please contact the AEM Customer Care team to validate the compatibility with this Cumulative Fix Pack for AEM 6.3.
It is recommended that you run validation on every new installation package before attempting to install the package. Pre-validation will analyze and report any errors found before installation and warn the users about such errors proactively.
You can access documentation for Validate option at https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-3/administer/content/package-manager.html#Package%20Validator
- AEM 6.3 is a prerequisite for the CFP. Please visit Upgrade Documentation for detailed instructions about upgrading an AEM installation to AEM 6.3.
- The Cumulative Fix Pack download is available on Adobe Package Share, which you can access directly from the AEM instance.
- For a cluster deployment using (RDBMK or MongoDB), the CFP package can be installed on any of the Author instances that uses Package Manager.
- Before installing the cumulative fix pack, ensure to take a snapshot or make a backup of your AEM instance.
- Uninstalling the CFP is not supported.
The CFP can be automatically installed into a running instance in the following ways:
- Place the package into ../crx-quickstart/install while the server is running. The package gets installed automatically.
- Use the HTTP API from Package Manager – make sure you use cmd=install&recursive=true – so the nested package is installed.
Skip this section if you are not using AEM Forms.
- To install the update, run the Designer6.2.0_<Language>_Cumulative_QF.msp file.
- On the welcome screen, click update. The installation starts.
- After the installation completes, click finish.
- The following errors may occur during installation of AEM CFP 184.108.40.206 and can be safely ignored:
- *ERROR* org.apache.sling.discovery.oak.pinger.OakViewChecker announcementRegistry is null. SLING-6945.
- *ERROR* com.adobe.fd.fp.events.PortalEventListener Exception while processing the events.java.lang.InterruptedException: null. CQ-4209971.
- *ERROR* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.CommonResourceResolverFactoryImpl activate: Cannot access repository, failed setting up Mapping Support java.lang.NullPointerException: null at com.adobe.cq.social.provider.jcr.impl.SpiSocialJcrResourceProviderImpl.authenticate(SpiSocialJcrResourceProviderImpl.java:105). CQ-4209976.
- *ERROR* [OsgiInstallerImpl] com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-jcr-provider [com.adobe.cq.social.provider.jcr.impl.SpiSocialJcrResourceProviderImpl(2174)] Timeout waiting for reg change to complete unregistered. CQ-4209974.
- *ERROR* [OsgiInstallerImpl] com.adobe.granite.workflow.core [com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.launcher.WorkflowLauncherListener] The unbindFeature method has thrown an exception (java.lang.NullPointerException). CQ-4212624
- The following errors may occur during installation of AEM CFP 220.127.116.11. However, no resolution is required for these errors because they do not impact your AEM instance, as such and disappear after CFP is installed:
- *ERROR* com.day.cq.wcm.mobile.core.impl.devicespecs.WurflXmlLoader Exception in handleEvent's Runnable java.lang.NullPointerException: null. CQ-4209972.
- *ERROR* [FelixFrameworkWiring] com.adobe.cq.cq-experience-fragments [com.adobe.cq.xf.impl.ExperienceFragmentsReferenceProvider] findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method deactivate found in class com.adobe.cq.xf.impl.ExperienceFragmentsReferenceProvider, subclass of com.adobe.cq.xf.impl.ExperienceFragmentsReferenceProvider. CQ-4209978.
- *ERROR* The unbindListInfoProvider method has thrown an exception (java.lang.NullPointerException) java.lang.NullPointerException: null at com.day.cq.commons.servlets.AbstractListServlet.updateCachedProviders(AbstractListServlet.java:689). CQ-4209966.
- *ERROR* [Adobe Granite Maintenance Scheduler Update Task] com.adobe.granite.maintenance.impl.TaskScheduler No maintenance task found with name WorkflowPurgeTask for window granite_weekly. CQ-4212625
- *ERROR* [Adobe Granite Maintenance Scheduler Update Task] com.adobe.granite.maintenance.impl.TaskScheduler No maintenance task found with name com.day.cq.audit.impl.AuditLogMaintenanceTask for window granite_weekly. CQ-4212626