If your recipient signs a document and returns it to you outside Adobe Sign, you can upload that document back into Adobe Sign and keep your records tidy.
- As sender of the agreement, go to the Manage page.
- Single-click the agreement under the Out for Signature category.
- Click Upload a signed copy in the upper-right corner.
- Enter a message.
- Click Choose File and pick the signed document.
- Check the box that says I certify that this uploaded document is a signed copy of...
- Click Upload.
As the sender of the agreement:
- Navigate to: Manage > Out for Signature category
- Single-click the agreement you want to upload the signed document to
- Click the History tab for the agreement
- Within the history list, find the recipient that has provided the signed document, and click the Upload a signed copy link
Success! Now when you look at that document under the Manage page, you see it in the Signed category. The document you uploaded is in place.
If the document is taken outside the Adobe Sign system, then all of the Adobe Sign fields are removed from the document from that point forward. (So if there were any signers still waiting to sign this document, they only have an auto-generated Signature Block field to enter their Signature and email address.)