A mask isolates a region of an image so that you can selectively grade the region. In SpeedGrade, a mask is attached to a grading clip.
Do any of the following to adjust the location, size, and shape of the mask:
- To reposition the center of the mask, drag the center cross-hair.
- To expand the horizontal size of the mask, drag the horizontal-arrow control to the right or left.
- To expand the vertical size of the mask, drag the vertical-arrow control up or down.
- To rotate the mask, drag the rotational control curve up or down.
- To expand the feather size of the Vignette mask, drag the outer edge feather rectangle control on the lower-left corner of the widget.
- To adjust the angle of the mask, drag the bottom skew control triangle.
Specify the region to grade by clicking the Look tab and select one of the following options in the Layers panel on the left:
- Apply Grading Layer to the Outside of a Mask (second icon)
- Apply Grading Layer to the Inside of a Mask (third icon)
The first icon -- do not apply the grading to a mask -- is selected by default. The last three icons on the right specify whether to apply a grading layer to the alpha or inverted alpha channel (neither by default).
Add another grading clip to a video track by dragging the Grading Clip icon to the track. See Create a grading clip.
Assign names to the grading clips to organize mask assignments. Double-click the string “untitled grading” of each grading clip and specify a name. Example: “Vignette Mask.”