You can automatically detect scene changes in footage that does not have an EDL, such as archived material. Once SpeedGrade has identified scene changes, you can add keyframes to scene changes, or split your footage up into separate clips.
The workflow consists of the following steps:
- Detect the scene changes.
- Prepare the footage for grading or editing.
- Save or export the footage.
After marking your scene changes, prepare the footage for grading or editing as follows:
- To separate the footage into individual shots or scenes, click Split into Clips.
- To flag the scene changes, click Add Keyframes to Clip.
Once you split into clips or add keyframes, you can save the scene-detected content as a SpeedGrade project or create an Edit Decision List (EDL).
In the Setup Panel under the Timeline tab, do one of the following:
- To save the content as a SpeedGrade project, click Save IRCP.
- To export an Edit Decision List, click Save EDL.