If you have a Creative Cloud account, you do not need to exchange your product. You can manage the installed language or operating system of your apps through the Creative Cloud desktop app. A single Creative Cloud membership lets you install apps on two computers. These two computers can be Windows, Mac OS, or one of each. The installer automatically detects the operating system, and install the correct version of the app. You can install apps in whatever languages you want, and change the install language as often as you want.
To change the language of an installed app, simply change your language setting in the Creative Cloud desktop app preferences, uninstall the app, and reinstall it. For detailed instructions, see Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps.
If you have Creative Cloud activated on two computers, and want to transfer the license to a third computer with a different operating system, you must first sign out of Creative Cloud on the computer for which you are deactivating the Creative Cloud license. In the Creative Cloud desktop app, choose Settings > Preferences > General > Sign out. For detailed instructions, see Sign in and Sign out | Creative Cloud membership.
Once you have deactivated Creative Cloud on your old computer, you can then sign in to Creative Cloud on the computer with the new operating system, and download and install apps normally. For detailed instructions, see Download and install Creative Cloud apps.
If you require a different language or operating system version of a non–Creative Cloud product you purchased from Adobe, you can exchange your product. For example, if you now run Mac OS instead of Windows, you can swap Creative Suite 6 for Windows for Creative Suite 6 for Mac. Or you can exchange your product for a different language version. Here’s how.
- All product configurations, except for OEM bundles, are eligible for a platform or language exchange.
- You can also change your platform or language when you upgrade. Contact us to find out if you qualify for a platform or language upgrade. You must give up all licensing rights to your current platform or language version.
- You can’t exchange previous versions of a product.
- After exchanging platforms or languages, you can’t cross back to your original platform or language version.
- No more than five total (lifetime) cross-platform or cross-language upgrades or swaps are allowed per customer, regardless of the product.
- Products purchased second-hand or from an auction site such as eBay are not eligible for exchange.