Changing the documents and/or fields on an agreement that has been sent - Enterprise service plans only
If an agreement was sent out for signature and you realize that you need to make some modifications to the agreement after it was sent, you may be able to modify the agreement, instead of canceling it and starting over. The modify agreement setting may be enabled globally (at an account level) or on a per group basis.
You can use modify agreements to add, delete, replace (delete then add), and reorder documents and/or form fields.
The modify agreements feature can only be used on documents that meet the “modifiable” criteria. If a document is modifiable, a Modify Agreement link displays on the Manage page when the document is selected. A modifiable agreement is one that meets the following criteria:
- The agreement has not been signed, approved, or delegated to a signer or approver by the delegator to whom it was assigned.
- The agreement does not include a digital signature or written signature.
- The agreement has not been initiated from a custom workflow.
Depending on your Send settings, you may be able to use the Preview & Add Signature Fields option to add form fields to the modified agreement.
- If you do not need to add form fields or do not have the Preview & Add Signature Fields option, then click Update to save your changes.
- If you need to add form fields, enable the Preview & Add Signature Fields option if necessary, then click Update to open the authoring environment. When done in the authoring environment, click Update.
The recipient of a modified agreement is notified that the agreement has changed immediatly after clicking the Review and sign button on the email.
The recipient must click OK before they can sign, approve, or delegate the agreement to acknowledge that the agreement is changed.