The following system requirements apply to Adobe Sign (formerly Adobe Document Cloud eSign services or Adobe EchoSign).
- Microsoft Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 8 using Internet Explorer 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Mac OS X v10.9 or later using Safari 7 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
Adobe Sign Support for Microsoft Vista, IE 9, and IE 10 will be discontinued on September 30, 2017.
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx)
- WordPerfect (.wp)
- Text (.txt)
- Rich Text (.rtf)
- Graphics (.tif, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, and .png)
- Web (.htm or .html)
- Adobe Reader 9.0 or later for documents secured with AES 128-bit encryption or lower
- Adobe Reader 10 or later for documents secured with AES 256-bit encryption
If you explicitly whitelist IP addresses on your network, please add the below IP ranges to your firewall:
If your organization whitelists IP addresses to control connection to your inbound mail servers, add the following IP addresses to your whitelist:
Adobe Sign uses the following SSL Certificates. If you have custom built integrations with Adobe Sign using either the SOAP or REST APIs, and if any of these integrations requires “pinning” or whitelisting the actual certificates, you can find the new Adobe Sign and CA certificates below.