The below article provides instructions for the new page format.
Click here to review the same process on the classic page layout.
Replacing the current recipient starts on the Manage page, and can only be done by the original sender of the agreement.
The default settings for the Replace Recipient feature is to fully replace the current recipient with the new recipient.
Users with an individual service plan may not change this default setting.
For multi-licensed accounts, there is an option to change the default behavior at the account or group level, and optionally grant the sender of an agreement the ability to choose which option best suits their current situation.
Navigate to Account > Account Settings > Global Settings > Replace Recipient
Administrators have two questions to answer:
What should the account/group default behavior be?
- Only the new recipient will be able to participate – This is the default Replace action
- If the primary concern is that the wrong recipient was sent the agreement, this is the better option.
- The original recipient and the new recipient will both be able to participate – This is the Include action
- If the primary concern is that the signature process is being held up by recipients that are out of office, or difficult to contact, this is the better option.
Should the agreement sender be allowed to change the default setting?
- By checking the Users in my account can select whether the original recipient can or cannot participate after being replaced checkbox, you expose a checkbox on the Replace Current Signer page that allows the sender to opt for one action or the other.
- The account/group level value is reflected in the checkbox status when the page is loaded.
You can only replace the current recipient.
Agreements sent via Mega Sign cannot use the Replace Recipient feature.
You can replace the same recipient index multiple times
- When using the include option, you grow the number of potential recipients
- If at any time you use the replace action, the whole list of current recipients is replaced by the one newly nominated address
Recipients in a Recipient Group cannot be replaced individually.
- If you use the replace action, the whole group is replaced with the one newly nominated email address.
- If you use the include action, the recipient group grows by the one new recipient
Recipients in a parallel participation order can be replaced individually.
Recipients defined within a Hybrid routing order can be replaced individually.