When you open a PDF file, your computer restarts or your monitor displays a blue screen. You may see the following error messages:
- "There was an error processing a page. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."
- "There was an error processing an annotation or link. A file I/O error has occurred."
- "A file I/O error has occurred."
- You are using an desktop ATI video card with driver version 8.291 or 8.301 and have the Acrobat Page Display Preference "Use 2D GPU acceleration" enabled.
- You are using a Lenovo T60P laptop with driver version 8.293 and have the Acrobat Page Display Preference "Use 2D GPU acceleration" enabled.
Check the Lenovo web site for and udpated driver for your video card.
Desktop video cards affected are ATI Radeon X1300, ATI Radeon X1600 and ATI Radeon X1800. ATI is aware of this issue and is working to provide an updated driver. Additional the Lenovo laptop T60P with the ATI Mobility FireGL V5200 also exhibits this behavior. Please check the Lenovo web site for updated driver availability.