Now, you can deploy shared device licenses to multiple labs in your institution. By,
Assign specialized admin roles and delegate tasks to other admins in your institution:
- Product admins to create additional product profiles and configure labs in your organization.
- Product profile admins to manage product profiles
See how to manage admin roles on the Admin Console.
If you are a VIP (Value Incentive Plan) customer, you can now purchase products or additional shared device licenses from the Admin console directly.
In the upper-right corner of the Overview page of the Admin Console, click Add Products .
In the Add Products screen, add products or add licenses to your existing products.
If you've installed shared device licenses on machines that are no longer in use, quickly recover the licenses and reuse them on other machines. For example, if you plan to retire an old machine or if you want to repurpose a machine and reuse it outside of a lab or a classroom. You can even recover licenses from machines that are completely inoperable.
To use the latest features of Shared Device Licensing on end-user machines, you can either choose to:
- Re-deploy the packages
- Or activate licenses
After creating the packages on the Admin Console, choose from the following methods to deploy the new packages:
- Install by double-clicking the package file. See this document for details.
- Use third-party tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Apple Remote Desktop, or JAMF Casper Suite. See this document for details.
- Deploy using command line on Windows computers. See this document for details.
- Deploy using Info.plist file on macOS computers. See this document for details.