- Issue: Closing Lumetri Scopes panel while playing back a preview may cause After Effects to crash.
Workaround: Close the Scopes panel after stopping the preview.
- Issue: On macOS, changing the comp window using the tilde (~) may cause an aliased image to appear until you move your mouse over the comp.
- Issue: Cinema 4D Lite may be removed or overwritten if the Cinema 4D Lite R21 trial or full installer is used.
Workaround: Please reinstall After Effects if this occurs.
- Issue: The filename displayed when using the Save/Open dialog may become illegible on Mac Touch bar laptops if the Escape key is pressed.
Workaround: Continue to enter the name to restore the filename being entered.
- Issue: The Dropdown Menu Control is a new feature in this release of After Effects. As this control is based on a pre-existing menu type, it appears in projects opened in previous versions of After Effects. Functionality is limited in these older releases, however, so creating menus with the intent to use in earlier releases is not recommended. Also, scripting for the Dropdown Menu Control is currently not supported.
- Issue: Colorama color picker may crash when using macOS 10.15.
- Issue: Closing Lumetri Scopes while playing back a preview may cause After Effects to crash.
Workaround: Close the scopes panel after stopping the preview.
- Issue: On MacOS 10.13 or 10.14, changing the comp window using the tilde (~) may cause an aliased image to appear until you move your mouse over the comp. This does not occur on macOS 10.15.
- Issue: Cinema 4D Lite may be removed or overwritten if the public R21 trial or full installer is used. Please reinstall After Effects if this occurs.
- Issue: 3D Camera Tracker target may display slower on Windows than on macOS.
- Issue: When changing zoom level while playing back a preview, the rendered frame may appear the incorrect size for a frame or two.
- Issue: In the Japanese version of AE, the filename displayed when using the Save Dialog may become illegible. The filename entered will be set correctly.
- Issue:If a project is created on a Windows machine and then opened on a macOS machine as the first project ever after AE install, the layer/footage panel may not show the content correctly. Restart AE to resolve this issue.
- Issue: After Effects projects created in 17.0 can be opened in After Effects 16.1.. However there are two issues that may occur:
- If the 17.0 project uses the new Dropdown Menu expression effect, the Dropdown Menu settings cannot be edited.
- Projects using master properties may not load all keyframe data for those properties.
Issue: The Edit Original command does not launch the external application such as Photoshop, and Illustrator on macOS if the file path contains non-ASCII characters such as Japanese, Chinese, and Korean characters. Also, the Create Reference Frame button in the Content-Aware Fill panel does not automatically launch Photoshop.
Workaround: Use any of the following workarounds:
- Do not use non-ASCII characters in the file path or file names.
- Manually launch Photoshop or other external application and open the file manually.
Issue: When you have a team project open and you click the Generate Fill layer or Create Reference frame buttons, After Effects gives no results.
Workaround: Convert the team project to a local project, select Edit > Team Project > Convert Team Project to Project.
Issue: On Windows, the kerning and letter spacing visibly changes when the expression field is activated. When you open the Preferences > Scripting & Expressions, and set expression editor width to 2, and confirm Settings with OK ,the text kerning from the inactive state to the active state is very different and causes extra jump in the text placement. Also, the tab spacing in the inactive state appears to be between 6 and 8 spaces regardless of the Tab Width settings in the preferences.