Many organizations rely on extensibility to support custom workflows. We have made this process easier by allowing you to bundle extensions into the deployment package you created using the enterprise console. This means installation of your Creative Cloud applications and installation of your extensions happens as part of a single deployment process.
Please follow the instructions below to include extensions in your package:
When you deploy a package that includes plug-ins and extensions, these will be installed in the targeted Adobe products that are installed on the end-user computers.
However, you need to note the following:
- This deployment method is supported for named-user deployment and does not support anonymous, serialized deployment.
- When a package is installed on a computer, all products are installed before any included plug-ins or extensions. This implies that any errors encountered installing the plug-ins or extensions will not effect the product installations.
- Plug-ins or extensions will not be installed on an end-user computer if the targeted Adobe products are not previously installed or are not installed as part of the current package.
- Encrypted plug-ins or extensions (that are downloaded from Adobe Exchange) are excluded from the installation. So, extensions that have been privately shared, can be deployed using this method as they do not contain encryption.
- If a plug-in or extension requires users to restart the targeted product, your end users will need to do that before the plug-in or extension is available.