When you install the created package, the platform installer (SCCM or ARD) writes log files, as described in the documentation for those tools.
The package that you created installs a client version of the Application Manager on the client machine, which manages the installation process. When you perform an installation using the deployment package, the Application Manager and other processes that it initiates write these log files to the client machine:
For an installation package: <product_name><time_stamp>.log
For an update package: <patch_name><version><time_stamp>.log
- Location in Windows: <Adobe Common Files>\installer\
- Location in Mac OS: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/
During a silent deployment, the deployment engine that installs the components generates a zipped log file with information about the progress and result of installation. Look in this file for any error or success messages reported during installation of your deployment packages.
The file is named for the package being installed, and zipped in a platform-specific format.
- Location in Windows: %temp%
- Location in Mac OS: ~/Library/Logs/
- Location in Windows:
- When installed with Administrative privilege through SCCM: %windir%\Temp\CreativeCloud\ACC\
- When installed with User privilege through SCCM: %temp%\CreativeCloud\ACC\
- Location in Mac OS: ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/ACC/