The following list indicates words you must not use for ColdFusion variables, user-defined function names, or custom tag names. Although you can safely use some of these words in some situations, you can prevent errors by avoiding them entirely.
- Any name starting with cf. However, when you call a CFML custom tag directly, you prefix the custom tag page name with cf_.
- Built-in function names, such as Now or Hash
- Scope names, such as Form or Session
- Operators, such as NE or IS
- The names of any built-in data structures, such as Error or File
- The names of any built-in variables, such as RecordCount or CGI variable names
- The following CFScript language element names:
- local (inside function declaration)
Remember that ColdFusion is not case sensitive. For example, all of the following are reserved words: IS, Is, iS, and is.
Note: Keywords in the newly added statements, such as abort, rethrow, param, and so on are not reserved.