You can find the CFFiddle demo of this function and other file functions as part of a project that is shared with you.
Click the button below to launch CFFiddle.
To copy the project in your workspace in CFFiddle, follow the steps below:
- Log in with your Gmail or Facebook credentials.
- Navigate to the project in the left pane.
- Once you make some changes in any cfm in the project, a pop up displays asking you to save the project.
- Give the project a suitable name and click Save.
- Create a folder named dir1 and upload a text file, myfile.txt.
Retrieves information about on-disk or in-memory file.
The filename, path, parent directory, type, size, when the file was most recently modified, whether the file has read permission, write permission, and is hidden.
ColdFusion (2018 release): Changed parameter name Path to
ColdFusion 8: Added this function.
Absolute on-disk or in-memory path.
The function returns a structure that includes the following keys:
- Name: name of the file
- Path: absolute path of the file
- Parent: path to the file’s parent directory
- Type: either "directory" or "file"
- Size: file size in bytes
- Lastmodified: datetime when it was the file was most recently modified
- canRead: whether the file can be read
- canWrite: whether the file has write permission
- isHidden: whether the file is a hidden