Lets users implement File Transfer Protocol (FTP) operations.
The tag syntax depends on the action attribute value. See the following sections:
- cfftp: Opening and closing FTP server connections
- cfftp: Opening and closing secure FTP server connections
- cfftp: Connection: file and directory operations
- cfftp action = "listDir"
ColdFusion 8: Added the fingerprint, key, paraphrase, and secure attributes to support secure FTP. Added the values ="quote", "site", "allo", and "acct" to the action attribute.ColdFusion MX 7: Added the result attribute for file and directory operations.ColdFusion MX: Deprecated the agentname attribute. It might not work, and might cause an error, in later releases.
Use this tag to move files between a ColdFusion server and an FTP server.
This tag does not move files between a ColdFusion server and a client browser. You do this as follows:
- To transfer files from a client to a ColdFusion server: cffile action = "upload"
- To transfer files from a ColdFusion server to a client: the cfcontent tag
ColdFusion security settings can prevent the cfftp tag from executing. If you run ColdFusion applications on a server that is used by multiple customers, consider the security of the files that the customer can move. For more information, see the Administering ColdFusion Security section of Configuring and Administering ColdFusion.