As of ColdFusion (2021 release), CORBA has been removed. You can no longer use CORBA-related features, functions, and tags.
You can enable and disable this tag in the ColdFusion Administrator page, under ColdFusion Security > Sandbox Security.
The tag syntax depends on the object type. Some types use the type attribute; others do not. See the following sections:
On UNIX, this tag does not support COM objects.
- Added password, proxyPassword, proxyPort, proxyServer, proxyUser, refreshWSDL, userName, wsdl2JavaArgs, and wsportname attributes to for use with web service objects.
- Added .NET/dotnet type and the associated assembly, port, protocol, and secure attributes.
- Changed instantiation behavior: this tag, and the CreateObject function, can now instantiate ColdFusion components (CFCs); you can use them within the cfscript tag.
- For CORBA object: changed the Naming Service separator format for addresses from a dot to a forward slash. For example, if "context=NameService", for a class, use either of the following formats for the classparameter:
(In earlier releases, the format was ".Eng.CF".)
- For CORBA object: changed the locale attribute; it specifies the Java configuration that contains the properties file.