Important: This procedure guides you to update the device drivers for the video adapter being used. If your computer has multiple GPU cards from different manufacturers, update the drivers for each of the cards installed with your computer.
- If you use a GPU card based on Intel chipset architecture, the manufacturer may not have the most up-to-date drivers available yet.
To check for the latest drivers, follow the instructions available on the page: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm.
- Download the zip file appropriate to your computer setup, from:
- Press the Windows + X keys together, and select Device Manager.
- If User Account Control prompts occur, grant the necessary permissions to continue.
- In the Device Manager console, expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel graphics node, and then select Update Driver Software.
- Choose the option to browse your computer to find the required driver software.
- Click Have Disk, and then select the directory that contains the .zip file you downloaded in step 1.
- In the .zip file, located the Graphics folder and open it.
- Click Next. When you click Next, driver installation starts.
- If prompted, reboot your computer.
- Browse to the page: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.
- Download and install the latest drivers for your GPU card.
Windows 10 users: Install NVIDIA GeForce driver version 361.91 (or newer)
A recent Microsoft Windows 10 update caused Adobe Illustrator's interaction with NVIDIA OpenGL drivers to display an error "A TDR has been detected. The application must close." This caused Illustrator to crash.
NVIDIA GeForce drivers version 361.91 (and newer) include a fix for this issue. Download the latest NVIDIA drivers for Windows 10 here:
- 64-bit: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98556/en-us
- 32-bit: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98555/en-us
For more information, refer to the article: Official 361.91 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread.
- On your Windows computer, press Windows + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
- In the Device Manager console, expand the node Display adapters.
- Right-click the GPU card you want to update the drivers for, and choose Update Driver Software.
- Follow the instructions to update the driver software, and then close the Device Manager console.
If you have any more AMD/ATI-based GPU cards installed, update them as well.